Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 01:32:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

mother kills teens then self

Started by Bolivar, Dec 30, 2004, 07:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

I am out there everyday seeing first hand, "up close and personal", what society has become. Watching innocent men thrown in jail for nothing. All on the word of a so-called abused woman. There is no proof, no hospital reports, nothing.

Until you are out there facing it, day by day, one on one, Do not judge me...

As far as public service, I have made it my lifes work.

You are correct about one thing, men should come forward when they are on the other end of abuse. Not only physical, but mental is a much larger issue.

And I do contribute, but in my own way. Standing up for fairness? EVERYDAY!

"Children learn what they live"

bigsigh2004

**Until you are out there facing it, day by day, one on one, Do not judge me..**

my mother was murdered by my father and my brother almost lost his life to an ex wife...I think I live it a little closer than you do.

what I'm "judging" you on is your assumption there is some sort of "system" or "conspiracy" that favors women over men in DV by choice or on purpose to supress men.

If men were AS vocal about the abuse they suffered, AS active in getting funding, AS active in prosecuting since the early 70's when DV began getting a public eye there would be a lot more shelters for us - and funding - and justice.

We, as men of this day and age, have only our elder male relatives to blame for the state of the DV system as it related to men's help.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you see large corporations giving money to women's shelters and not men and you think it is unfair - how many of those companies are headed by males? Pretty much all of em. Including United Way.

We have been and are continuing to shoot ourselves in our own feet.

MYSONSDAD

I am sorry for your loss. I am sure this is what has motivated you in your efforts to make a difference.

And you are putting words in my mouth. I am saying that there are shelters, they are just not equiped to help men.

>what I'm "judging" you on is your assumption there is some sort of "system" or "conspiracy" that favors women over men in DV by choice or on purpose to supress men.<

Some women use the system. You can not deny that. False RO's and OOP's. Then they turn around and use the system to their advantage.

The system is broken. Whether you contribute financially, volunteer time, or choose a career to help mend. We all have our way of doing what we can to make a difference. Many NCP's fight everyday just to see their kids, be a part of their lives. And the system is designed to work  against them.

I could sit here all day telling you what I have experienced, but what good would that do? And it is not my place.

Have you ever looked at the statistics for fathers who commit suicide? Now, that is an eyeopener.

Instead of arguing on what is wrong, every person can help make a difference. Work together for the common good. So much needs to be done. Volunteer a few hours a week.

"Children learn what they live"