Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 04:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Humm what if child support calc says

Started by Ref, Nov 01, 2005, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

That DH is OWED money?

Based on his income, BM's income(estimated), Health insurance and Visitation travel costs the calculation says that BM actually would OWE DH $50 a month.

So how does this work? Is it lowered to 0 ? What about all of the extra support he has paid since he filed? Does he still get credit for it?

Thanks everyone!

Ref

FLMom

Looks like I'm not the only one wondering about this! Ref, are you in FL too?

In doing some calculations I recently figured out that due to overnights and both incomes ex actually should be paying me (the NCP) monthly. If you go over a certain percentage of overnights the formula changes completely.

I packed it all up and went to my lawyer's office. At first he thought I was off my rocker and that he had never heard of such a thing. Then, after I showed him the figures along with the quotes from the FL statutes, he said that "numbers are what they are", whether it's uncommon or not.

Ref, we might actually have a chance (?). I'd love to keep up together on our progress with this. I haven't filed my modification yet but will be doing it soon.

Keep posting please cause it looks like you're a step ahead of me on this. It would help me out tremendously!

Thanks,
FLMom

Ref

Yes, the case is in Florida.

DH's would be negative because he has to pay so much for health insurance (required by prior order).

I am thinking it would be in DH's best interest to let BM pay for SD's insurance and pay a little extra each month in CS so that he has something to deduct his arrears credit. BM will love getting a check every month and DH wont have to pay so much for health insurance.

Do you know anything about a credit he might receive for overpayment since he filed for modification?

BM is going crazy right now. It is actually pretty amusing. DH has worked his whole adult life and may have been late paying support by at most 6 days in the past 11 years. BM, on the other hand, has lived off of government assistance almost the whole time (when her mom would no longer support her). She is 40 and just got her Master's Degree. DH couldn't get an education because of the 24-7 nature of his old job. Now child support is probably going to drop 80% (at least until he finds a job that he can get w/out a degree).

She was so pissed, she left a message on our machine saying  "Humpph! I thought you would do something like this". Oh Yeah! Our well is dying, our roof is leaking, DH is locked into a heafty lease on his car. Yup we are doing this just to mess with her. She left another one saying "Call me and let me know if you are adjusting support, not that that is right, but you don't go by that".  B$%^%!

Now she is pitching a fit because she hasn't gotten HER check yet. DH sent it priority on Saturday (right before the Post Office Closed). It must be taking longer than usual to get there. Now she is peeing her pants. Good. Let her sweat.

Anyway, It would be great to work with you on this. Why don't we move over to the Florida board? Nobody uses the state boards anyway.

Best Wishes
Ref

FLMom

Sounds good. We can either move over there or talk via e-mail. There's a lot of details that I'm not comfy putting on a forum right now anyway.

Talk to ya soon!! This is such an unusual situation, but we should probably do a synopsis post somewhere in this forum. That way if anyone else goes down this road in the future they can reference our results.

Good Luck to You!
FLMom

floridadad

I too would like to speak with flmom....I have some very interesting findinds that I am working on right now.