Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:44:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NCP does NOT pay ordered support

Started by SoulDistress, Nov 07, 2005, 11:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoulDistress

NCP lives in cookeville, TN  I live in Dallas, TX. The support order is for 1 child since 1999. Currently the NCp owes $26,419.88    Yes you read that right. He has moved from PA, NJ, now to TN.  I do not receive any money from NCp at all.  What can I do that I finally start receiving child support? Each time I call the child support office I don't get straight answers, I get we are "enforcing" the order. I will then get an order saying he is to immediately pay so much and it is never paid yet they do not arrest him. What can i do?? I think 6 years without paying support is just about enough.  

MafiaMom

You are both now in the same state? Do you know where he works? Do you know his address? Does he see the kids?

First, if you know where he works, you can call cse with that information. Hopefully they will issue an income withholding order and send it to his employer.

If you DON'T know where he works, but you know where he LIVES, then you need to request a SHOW CAUSE HEARING. That's where he has to come in and "show cause" why he shouldn't be held in contempt for non payment. At that time, he is to give an employer, or state why he's not paying. If he doesn't show up, a warrant is issued for his arrest for contempt (failure to appear is contempt).

During that period of time, you need to also ask that an amount be added to his weekly or monthly amount, to start paying off the arrears.

I know how you feel. My ex owed over $15,000. He finally started paying after he was arrested for the FIFTH TIME. All 4 times prior, he got a slap on his wrist, told to be a good boy, and sent on his way. He was famous for giving false (old) employers, or quitting his job the moment he walked out of court. I got pissed, wrote every elected official I could find (after cse screwed around for eight years) and they finally threw him in jail for 90 days. After that, he finally paid, and he hasn't missed a payment.

It's GETTING to that point that is hard.
Love me without fear-Need me without demanding-Trust me without question-Want me without restrictions-Accept me without change. Find my soul and I'm yours 4ever

SoulDistress

Hello, No we live in separate states, I am in texas, he is in tennessee, He has not seen my daughter since she is 1, she is now 7.   Do i call the child support office and request such a hearing ro how do i do that?  Thanks!!  

ocean

In my state, you can go to the child support office and sit with someone (a lot better than waiting on the phone). Bring all your court orders with you and hopefully they can start a case with TN and track him down.

wendl

Ok here we go, I am in the same boat my ex is over $20k in arrears to me (total for all his kids $36K)

My ex was in jail for contempt (non payment of cs) for a week, had to come up with 1,400 to get out (monies paid towards arrears)

I had to call my crappy caseworker for over a month straight, I asked them to proceed with contempt, they will give you the bs--We can put liens on property, licenses, bank accounts etc (my ex had NONE) so after calling them 3x a week (plus the caseworkers supervisor) they finally did something.

Well that worked for a year, he actually paid his support, after that rarely anything, my caseworker filed contempt again (he has a hearing on 11/17, which he wont go to as he is leaving state AGAIN) so a warrant will be issued in his home state.

They won't collect anything from him as he is so he says, will be working in New Orleans for 8 months (ya probably trying to con people to giving him $$.

NOW on a good note IF your ex is working and you know where, tell the caseworker the employers name, phone # etc ,they will serve an order to withhold from his check, if the employer fails to, they can be on the hook for the ENTIRE amount, this happened once to me and I told his employer if the check was NOT received by xx date that I would contact my attorney and he (the employer could be liable fot he entire arrears) needless to say his employer got that $100 payment to the cs office.

You have to push some of these caseworkers (I am lucky I have a fair and really good casework, he is also a non custodial dad whom pays cs)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

iLUVmySD

My husband who is NCP of his daughter pays his child support, even though she lives with us.  Long story, but anyways, he got behind on his support when he lost his job.  The State of Nevada initiated a seize on his Federal income tax returns.  It works very well to enable him to pay off the back support more quickly.  You should suggest it to your caseworker! At least you could get something at least once a year!