Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 09:20:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Would child support be changed now

Started by helfen72, Apr 21, 2006, 05:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helfen72

Hi Everyone

For the past two years I have documentation that I have had my son for 6 months of  each year. I pay child support every month (12 months of the year) also my own curcumstances have changed within the past two years, Im now married, I pay for my sons health insurance, and im in the middle of adopting my step-son. I pay for half my sons clothes and school supplies which I have recipts for.

What I am asking is do i have any sort of case here to get child support reduced as I do  have my son 6 months of the year and i still have to pay her even when he is with me.

Many thanks to all who respond.

Ref

It seems like you have a good case. I think the most valid are

1. the amount of time
2. the insurance

The clothes and the adoption might not come into play.

Make sure your evidence is airtight about the time he is with you.

Good Luck
Ref

PS. Do a calculation to see how much your future payments will be vs the legal costs related to this case. If you pay more for a lawyer and court costs, it may not be worth it.

helfen72

Thanks ref.
I have documented every time I have had him over the past 2 years. Wouldent the adoption be counted as I now have another child to support as well.
I want to be certain that things will change if I go through with this. Id rather be spending the money on my son than giving it to the BM as I know its not getting spent on him, especially when he is with me half of the year.

Ref

I completly understand about the child support benefitting the child.

I suppose the adoption might be a factor, but some states look at children that existed prior to the one you have CS on only. Other states will take that in consideration. I'm sure with a little homework like googling your state name and the words child support calculations you will figure it out.

Good Luck
Ref