Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 07:35:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm 59 and think I may be too frickin old and ill for this shit. Wheels are turning

Started by Davy, Mar 16, 2008, 07:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy

Is it possible to go back and collect CS from the 1980's for my 2 or 3 children ???????????????

Just spoke (I called) to 38 yo daughter in FL.  She related that she had gone to a conference/meeting she thought was about the father of her 2 children (ages 14 & 16) paying CS to her own mother (my X). She did not know she needed an atty but found her own mother (and husband) with atty had filed for CS against her.  The grandmother received $500 for the graddaughter and $9000 back support from daughter.
Started out at $25K back support but daughted argued it down to the $9K  My grandson refuses to live w/the grandmother and resides with his mother.  Granddaughter prefers her mother but grandmother changed the kids school so of course granddaughter's freinds are the of upmost importance.  
The grandmother's husband is gainfully employed in Illinois...she left him over 10 years ago to convince my daughter to go to FL instead of taking a really good job in TX where I am at.  Daughter went downhill from there ..drugs etc and quite frankly is fortunate to be alive today.  She's strong and a charge nurse. (management is aware of her background and her job performance/abilities).  Daughter just got driver's license back and can now see daughter again (until she  doesn't pay back support of course...my youngest son and I are in business together and he already thinks he'll (read that and 'me') end up paying the support (we've got the money).

I'm really trying to be brief.

Back in the day I paid support for my 3 kids (one was not mine) and always paid .02 cents  extra (to the gacklers at the support office) until (I Stopped) the kids were returned to me.  It was a huge ugly case involving kidnapping and forum shopping (I always pervailed incl. PKPA; IL state court ordered to stop all actions agains children and myself) and parental termination case (alcoholism/severe child abuse) brought by husbands EX revealed my CS was being used for their beer bill and to pay his CS (he quit working).  After living with the kids for approx. 18 mos in mother's hometown I waltzed into State's atty and announced I was taking the kids BACK HOME to Tx and kept everyone informed as to address/schools/etc.  Subsequently I was no billed (not guilty) twice on criminal child interference charges (one in IL and one in TX) and I was not represented at either hearing....hope ya got that.

CS was never pursued because in the day mothers' never had to pay CS and I was way to focused on getting the kids straightened out.

I todys's life ...2005 arrested for not having insurance certificate in vehicle (it was really mental health warrant); police have been to front door several times on "welfare checks" concerning 34 yo son and he's very strong and bigger than I am (I'm physicaly disabled) ..CALLS FROM OUT-OF-STATE and I have no guns etc. 2006....2 strokes and triple bypass ... wgile recovering from open-heart ...Dallas VA ignored hippa and took statements (by phone) that nearly landed me in the mental ward (current fighting VA about that and they acknowledge I was completely healthy both before and after the accussations).  Feb 28 2008 ...3rd stroke and worst yet so after working since I was 10 yrs old I'm suppose to go to the pool starting this week and tread water with these elderly women (there husbands have probably already passed).

My IL and Tx attys from the day are still around (I think) ... powerful Tx state court judge that really screwd kids and in the day is now powerful state's attorney and his son (same name) is powerful state disctrit court judge. I've been pro se a lot. NOT seen or talked to EX forever. C TX TFER still in business.  Just met with pastor this a.m.

I suspect daughter will not want me to pursue ... FL CPS DEMANDS EVERYBODY TO KIss grAMMA Ass AND GET ALONG WITH Her.

I'm 59 and think I may be too frickin old and ill for this shit.  BUT I'M SERIOUS.

Any ideas  VERY SORRY THIS IS SO LONG.

MixedBag

Hoping you have a speedy recovery!!!!  And since your typing and posting after this latest round, I hope that's a really good sign.

I read through this a few times, are you thinking about going after the Mother/Grandmother for Child Support for the two children (Daughter/38 and son who still lives with you), NOW?  As in YEARS after they emancipated?

And to use this as a way to get Grandma/Mother/EX to back off daughter and the fact that daughter owes Grandma/Mother CS for her daughter?

Davy

>I read through this a few times, are you thinking about going after the >Mother/Grandmother for Child Support for the two children
>(Daughter/38 and son who still lives with you), NOW? As in YEARS >after they emancipated?

>And to use this as a way to get Grandma/Mother/EX to back off >daughter and the fact that daughter owes Grandma/Mother CS for her >daughter?

The BIG question is whether the husbands income computed into any CS award ????  Very wealthy daddy has kept her out of the work force for years.

This effort on the Gramma/mother (temporary via CPS) part is not about collecting CS but rather about making daughter's life difficult and hoping to jail her / no license and preventing her from getting her daughter back.  Her IL husband is high income and was the one that use to beat up all 3 of my kids with the mother's encouraging ...........
The history is she's focuses on trying to get restraining orders, mental health orders, jail time on every body (ie adult children on both sides) although these days I've been targeted again ... triple bypass open heart on a Monday psychologist at bedside on Wednesday Medically restrained by Thursday without cause Heart doctors basically sneak me out of hospital on Saturday b4 I'm placed in the (VA hospital) rubber room.

Mother/gramma NEVER complied with any court order including IL Federal court order to return the children to Texas.

There's absolutely no way these people wuld be able to be "custodial" of anything in TX or IL.

I've always restrained myself concerning my daughter and her kids concerning her mother but I almost see this as a 3 -for 1 sale to further embarass Tx and IL while watching FL step all over themselves.

PS during stroke CT scan revealed anurism (sp) on brain stem so ...  

MixedBag

As a step-parent, my income was used as an "asset available" to DH/now EX#3 when calculating HIS CS obligation for his Non-custodial kids.

Similarly, Mom's husband's income was used to calculate CS for the one child that was now in Dad's custody.

NV was a community property state.

We were told that THIS was the reason and case law was cited.

WE would have appealed or fought this, however, it hurt the MOM more so than the DAD because in NV CS for one child is capped.  Dad would have hit the cap using his income alone, where as step-dad's income took Mom to the cap.

So they had more vested to appeal -- but didn't.

As a STEP-Parent, for Federal Financial Aid, both parents (whether step or bio) are used in determining whether or not a child is eligible for financial aid.  ALSO, the step's assets are used -- because they go by whereever the child lives, not the bio-parents.

TWO examples -- but I'm not sure that either would help.

Good luck with your health!!!