Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:52:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Income withholding screw-up?

Started by superdad01, Mar 29, 2008, 10:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

So according to the FOC I have been OVERPAYED for quite some time and when I was recently laid off for a period of 2 weeks no money should have been deducted from my unemployment. The FOC computers automatically generated a income withholding order and sent me a copy.

When I went down to FOC to straighen out the mess They informed me that the problem was fixed and they would send another Income withholding to my employer for a decrease to get my account back to zero overpayment. This took my childsupport from like 114.00 down to 91.00 per week. I am supposed to pay 476 per month. From my understanding when I no longer had the overpayment then my support would be going back to the the origninal order.

Now the ex calls me the other day and asks me if their is a problem at work? She says she is not getting all the childsupport she is supposed too. (Get a job) and to see what's going on. She says the FOC stated that my payroll is taking out the wrong amount.

So did FOC not send another income holding withholder? I dunno. Problem is I don't get out of work early enough to even get down to the foc.

leon clugston

be carefull, there mistakes are at youre cost, and in the end youre still held accountable.

superdad01

Well if I was to faul behind woulden't the foc computers automatically generate another income withholding order?