Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Moving out of state help needed  (Read 3560 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Moving out of state help needed
« on: May 21, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »
Hi. I've been all over the internet trying to get some advice. Here's the problem. My husband found out he had a daughter in Oct 2006, she's now 3. Paternity was established and support order put in place then. The mom then moved her 8 hours away to Kansas City, MO. We live near Indpls, IN. We never saw her once for visitation until June 2007 when the mom moved back to Indy. We had her Fri-Mon for the next three months. Then in August she moved to MO again, and notified us via email after the fact. I then found out that she cannot move without filing an intent to move with the court. I told her that and gave her time to file, but she never did. We have not seen her in 8mos. Mom keeps canceling meeting 1/2 way due to rent owed to her mom (whom she lives with) and she doesn't have a car and boyfriend problems, etc. We are going to file contempt on visitation tomorrow pro se to get infront of a judge. Does anybody have experience with the intent to move stuff? I heard that if she doesn't have a valid reason custody can be changed???

Mom lives in a filthy house with her parents, her two kids, her brother and sis in law and their kid. She is constantly looking for work. No car in last 2 years... if ever. Lazy, lazy parent. SHe is young too... shame on my husband.. hahaha

Please, if you know anything that could help, please tell me. The current court order is through Marion County. We live in Hendricks County. If you need any addt'l info, just ask.

PS We own our own house and my husband just won custody of his 7 yr old from his ex. My stepdaughter is the result of a one night stand and my husband never had any relationship with her mom... although after she tracked us down for paternity, she tried to get him back.... hahaha


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.