Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:58:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

new CS calculations?

Started by spinner, Oct 26, 2006, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Hi,
Does anyone know how the new CS laws calculation will be applied?

The state says that even though the law is in effect jan 2007 they will not be ready to "start" doing revision of calculation until january 2008.
unless special cases

So what good is a law if it is not applied until whenever?
what are these special cases?

raymi

From what I understand I can share what may be a very limmited perspecive.

I was told that if there is a new case the new calculations will be figured. If there is an existing case technically it can not be applied to the new law until 2008. However, I was told that within the system "they" are telling each other to go ahead with the new calculations for anyone that asks for modification that way they won't have to work so hard later in 2008.

spinner

So you think that if I ask for a review in 2007 they will apply the new calculation?

Also, how will they deal with the underemployed mother?

For example my ex has a master degree and she works as a volunteer and get less than 500$ a pay check, ....
the new calculation talks about underemployed but not in detailss

raymi

I do think that if you ask for a modification of child support that they may possibly apply the new calculations. I think there may be a limit on how often you can ask for modification similar to changes of custody. Check it out. Has your employment changed if so it may be worth it. I have no idea about the underemployed. A good resource for me- the Father's resource network, I found Attorney Sean Linnan very helpful. The courts should provide you with the number of the father's resource network.

spinner

well the problem is to check it out.
when I call the CS office, they will see in 2008, ... don't know, ... haven't got the training, ...

spinner

http://www.mnfathers.org/documents/MNChildSuppFeb2006.pdf