Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 11:13:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Day Care is being garnished from my check

Started by leew1271, Dec 18, 2003, 10:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leew1271

The mother of my 2 children, recently left New York State and went to Virginia.  This occurred in September.  She has been collecting child care and day care since she left.  NYS law states that the parent must have a full-time job or go to school full-time to qualify for day care expenses.  As far as I know she is taking 3 internet courses, which as far as I know shouldn't warrant day care.  The court has required her to bring proof of full-time student registration, but I'm worried that she will somehow scheme to get what she wants.  What should I be doing to expose her to the courts as a liar.  She told the court that my boys go to daycare, but I was able to speak to them during the days whenever I wanted to.  Again, she is required to bring receipts next time to court, but, she can find a way to doctor those up, I'm sure.
Any help/advice will be very welcome.

Lee

wendl

you can always try and supeana(sp) the records from the school,and daycare provider,  my dh is going thru the stuff.

Good luck

nosonew

Do you have joint legal?  If so, legally she has to give you the name(s), addresses and phone numbers of any schools/daycare the children attend.  Also, these things should also be listed on her tax return too.  Subpoena her tax returns and the above info if she won't give them to you.  I would try a phone call to her first, then a letter with registered return receipt requesting the above information.  If you do no good, get your atty to do it (after you try yourself, save some bucks).  You might also ask Soc what you can do as well.  Good luck.  *And internet classes may be considered schooling, they can be from 1 credit hour to 5 credit hours apiece.  However, I would request that a "log" of time spent including dates and times be requested, along with transcripts from the college supplying the internet classes be requested to prove she is passing the classes.

Do you live close enough that you can ask to have the kids when she is "in school"?  

Good luck