Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

State Statutes question

Started by Crockpot, May 25, 2007, 06:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crockpot

My SO and his ex share legal custody of 2 girls.  SO is NCP.  Even after her attorney and mediator told her SO does NOT need her permission to take girls out of state on his time she insists he gets her 'permission.'  It's annoying and ridiculous.  Is there anywhere in the state statutes that addresses this?  We'd like to email it to her.  That type of response seems to shut her up (for lack of a better term).

Thanks.

lucky

I'd just ignore her.  Don't tell her that you're going out of state, and when she finds out (hopefully after the fact) and pitches a fit tell her to take you to court if she doesn't like it.

You can send her everything you want to, but she isn't going to listen or she'd be listening to her attorney's advice and the mediator.

To my knowledge, there isn't any statute that specifically states that anyway.  And over the years I've read pretty much all of them that address custody, etc.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

Crockpot

Thanks Lucky.  Good advice.

spinner

agreed, don't tell her.
if it's not in the divorce decree then go have fun out of state.

my ex filed a contempt motion to nail me for going to europe and lost  30K in attorney fees and lost her contempt