Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Father's Day painful for noncustodial dads!  (Read 2956 times)


  • Guest
Father's Day painful for noncustodial dads!
« on: Jun 17, 2004, 08:03:13 PM »

June 13, 2004, (Pittsburgh, PA) -- On Sunday, June 20, hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians will celebrate Fathers Day, honoring their male parent for his many sacrifices on their behalf. The day is an especially painful day for thousands of Pennsylvanians who have lost custody of their children due to divorce. (**Fifty percent of marriages in the United States end in divorce, fifty percent of all men never see their children again.)

To recognize those men (and women) who have lost custody of their children, the National Congress for Fathers and Children will host its 10th Annual Father's Day Rally on Sunday June 20, 2004. The event, which includes a march for Father’s Rights, begins at Freedom Corner (located at the corner of Centre Avenue and Pride Street - near Mellon Hockey/Civic Arena in downtown Pittsburgh, PA) and ends at Mayor Caliguiri's Statue at the City-County building (414 Grant Street). The march begins at 11:45 a.m. After the march, the group will rally again at the City-County Building at around 12:30 p.m.

NCFC encourages individuals across the state who have lost custody of their children to join us in this symbolic recognition of the lost rights of noncustodial parents throughout the Commonwealth.

House of Representative member Tom Stevenson will be speaking about his joint custody legislation House Bill 2041 at 1 p.m. The legislation provides equal rights for men and women in divorce situations.

Other activities include children’s activities, speeches and awards.  
For more information, please call Tony at (412) 829-2278.

- end -


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.