Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oh. My. God. Look at this........

Started by Brent, Dec 29, 2003, 02:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

UN-BELIEVABLE!!!

You know those a-holes at "David & Goliath", the jerks who make those horrible anti-boy T-shirts? Well, I didn't see this until just now, but this is the *intro* to their web site. You will not, repeat NOT believe this garbage:

http://www.davidandgoliathtees.com/new/

Wendy Macelroy describes it this way: "The entrance to the D&G site displays a short animation that opens with a small boy in a "Stupid Factory" -- that's where boys are produced. When the factory crumbles around him, he is revealed to be on a toilet, bare-bottomed. A little girl pelts him on the skull with a large rock and he tumbles, landing with his head planted fully in the earth, his wriggling buttocks exposed. A display at the bottom of the page points people toward sources for T-shirts, including a store at the presumably child-friendly Universal Studios."

Can you IMAGINE what would happen if the 'roles' for the little girl and boy in this sick crap were reversed?? I can....

What a bunch of a-holes.

nerd

Brent..This is indeed a "stupid" ad.  It is so sad that there is a group of supposedly sentient being putting out this kind of trash.  I know how you must feel.  I had to deal with  "dumb blond" jokes from men all of my life and indeed it bled over and also became the attitude of most women that I came in contact with.  This caused me more heartache than you can imagine because I was constantly  overlooked for promotion ( I was just a dumb blond you see) even though I had proven myself to be an intelligent person.  It also caused men to view me as a sex toy, even though I did not conduct myself in that attitude.   You don't know how many times I wanted to dye my hair some other color.  It may seem petty to you, and it is strange that the color of ones hair could determine so much.  Well, I never did learn to laugh at the dumb blonds jokes ( and believe me there are millions of them), but I did learn to give the men telling them a look that they never forgot. And I did learn that the color of my hair did not detemine the state of my mind!

StPaulieGirl

Charming.  The men who created this company must be wallowing in self hatred.

If the roles were reversed, airports would be shut down for all the brooms flying in the skies.  Not that I agree that a role reversal is good, but the feminists would nail their asses to a tree.  Ironically, so would some fathers :-)

Rakkasan

I went to this site about a week or two ago when this merchandise was pull from the shelves of a store whose name I don't recall. At that time the Universal Studio's link was included on their main page showing the merchandise was being sold in the Gasoline Alley store. That link has now been removed. Hopefully Universal Studios has also decided to stop carrying this garbage.  If anyone happens to be in the Orlando, FL area please go to Gasoline Alley and verify. If the merchandise is still there give them hell over it and then let us know so we may do the same.  Thanks

MKx2

Have you looked at the "Games" yet?  This is hard to believe as well!

There are three icons for the games - Kitty, Boy and Girl; I couldn't get Kitty to work (thank God - looks like a road-kill game), but the boy and girl games are (1) a game of dodge ball with the boy in the middle getting smacked and (2) a girl throwing rocks at a boy - there is a warning with this game, you "only have 40 rocks" to smack down 10 boys.  Nice ....

It would appear that on the main page there have been a couple of hyperlinks removed ... I'm assuming that Universal Studios is one of them, and perhaps there is another "large" name.

Utterly disgusting.