Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:54:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Almost Move time...HELP!

Started by c_alexander, Jun 07, 2005, 04:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_alexander

Hey all, its been a while since I have been on here, but I hope you
all have not forgotten me...I'm the guy with the Parents Rights
ribbons...the guy stuck in Indiana while his daughter is in Colorado.
I wanted to update everyone on my situation and ask for any help,
advice or what have you that anyone could offer. I am kind of at a
loss at the moment...here we go.

I am looking for a place to live basically until i can get on my feet
out there. I have placed a few ads online, but have not gotten great
responses. I have been trying to find a place to stay, room for rent
for my daughter and I while I establish myself. I will have enough
money to cover living expenses for 2 months...maybe longer if I really
watch it and depending on what someone might charge me for rent. I am
quiet, considerate and clean. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs of any
kind. I pretty much keep to myself. As for the place I am looking for
I am not asking for much, but there are a few things I have to have.

1. No cats...I have severe allergies
2. Some kind of high speed interenet access for job hunting and
maintaining my ribbon site
3. A good roommate that is understanding of my situation and is good
with children...ie no drugs, partying, etc.
4. Something within 20 mins of the intersection of East Orchard Rd and
Sotuh Tower Rd. see map link

http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMa
pGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3byt29%26FDJnci4Jkqj%2cMMCJ
%3aHOEvq%3ba10uf1%3a%29u750zb0%26%40%24%3a%26%40%2
4g%26wzx%26a8x%26ESEKGF%3dTPWIK%2cbwg0bg%26%3d22qz
ta5%40%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26a2%3a

Other then that I am willing to sleep on the floor if I have to. I
don't have much maybe 10-15 medium sized moving boxes and my computer here. I just am not going to have what I wanted to have move so  I need to do this as cheaply as possible.

What I was wondering is if anyone here might have, or know of a good
place or if anyone had any advice. You can e-mail me at
[email protected]

Thanks
Chris Alexander

wendl

not near you, but wanted to good luck with the home hunting.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

c_alexander

Thanks.

Not much luck so far. The people with rooms for rent all either have cats, which I an deathly allergic too, or don't want children around. I have been using craiglist and roommates.com so far.

MYSONSDAD

I thought you received several offers thru your ribbon site? How about checking them out a little more?

Would it not be less expesnive to find a room to rent rather then an apartment? Sometimes older people rent out the upstairs for extra income. Might be something to look into, you might find a two bedroom. Also, do a google search for local papers out there.

What date are you leaving? Hope you stay in touch. Many here will be interested on how things are going.

"Children learn what they live"

c_alexander

Been looking into renting a room which woul dbe cheaper...but amazingly not by very much. I received a few offers for couches to stay on for up to about a week, but thats about all. There were a few people online that wanted to rent to me but either they had cats (which can cause me to go into shock due to sever allergies) or did not want kids around. So far not much luck, but I am struggling on. I had hopes maybe someone here had something or knew someone who did. It is much easier to relate to what i am doing when it's someone who has been there.

I have been given a deadline by my parents that I have to be out of their house by July 29th. My dad is taking his vacation then in order to help with the move, but is adament that I be out by the end of July. To be honest I am scared that I still don't have enough to make it out there. When I was 18 years old I moved to Florida with about $600 in my puch and all i owned in my car...ended up I was almost homeless, gave myself food poisoning 4 times because it was either eat bad food or go hungry, and in general destroyed my credit rating. Older and much wiser now I am at a point where I wish to move past my divorce and get my life back in order. I hope to meet someone, get married, and raise a family as I had intented the first time. Most of all I want to be able to spend as much time as I can with my daughter once I get there. I don't want this thing to turn into another Florida thing where I ended up having to move back to Indiana because I was flat broke and practically homeless. It is exciting the move and all, but so very scarey too.

I will alaways keep in touch with the boards. I have been unable as of late because of all the thing I am trying to get done before I move...like savings, ribbon sales, my parenting time agreement with my ex, child support, etc, etc. It's all such a mess right now and so much left to do before I go. Ugh i really ahte moving lol.

wendl

You will get past this, keep a good attitude.

Please keep in touch with us all.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**