Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:34:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Letter - Good/Bad?

Started by Bolivar, Jun 14, 2005, 09:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolivar

1. I went to mediation with GAL last Monday (6/06/05).  
2. I brought up concerns/issues.
3. eX said NO to all of them.

My big request was to take son out of daycare at 2:00 instead of 3:00 on Tuesday. (divorce decree written up when son was 2.  Son is now 5 ½, and does not take naps)

Here is a letter I was going to send to GAL.

What do you think?

--------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

GAL -
Attorney – Mediator
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear GAL:

It is a beautiful day today, and because of my work schedule I can get out of work early.  My brother offered his pool to play in.  (My brother lives near Xcity where eX has enrolled SON in daycare)

1.   My brother emailed eX requesting to pick up SON at 2:00PM from daycare.
2.   My mom called shortly after, having not heard back from eX, offered to call eX directly.  Speaking with eX she requested if she could pick up SON at 2:00.

Both requests came back "NO"

It is unfortunate that SON must be in daycare instead of spending time with his dad and family.

Sincerely Yours,

Bolivar

CC: my attorney
CC:  eX attorney

CustodyIQ

Hi,

I think there's nothing wrong with your perspective, but bothering the GAL with matters about a 1 hour earlier pick-up that is getting denied (per court orders) seems a bit petty to me.

Unless there's more of a history to this, where such a letter would play into a bigger picture outcome, I wouldn't send it.

If the "bigger picture" is that mom claims she's flexible and gracious with custodial time, and you know she isn't, this letter would show what you're trying to prove.

If that's the case, then I'd change the "judgment" tone contained in your last sentence and restructure it as, "I remain uncertain why mother feels daycare is more important than having a fun afternoon with me and my family on the occasion I can arrange it."

Let the GAL draw the conclusion of it being unfortunate.  Just lay out the facts.

Bolivar

>>""bigger picture" is that mom claims she's flexible and gracious with custodial time, and you know she isn't, this letter would show what you're trying to prove."

This is what I am trying to prove.

As for the last sentence....... well......... it's been pointed out it not very good.

I have changed the last sentence to basically say what you wrote.