Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: IN--FL  (Read 1378 times)


  • Guest
« on: Dec 31, 2003, 02:09:48 PM »
I just found out through a phone call to my mom that my wife and kids are in Florida.  Obviuosly I live in Indiana.  What kind of problems will this bring?  Will the custody court be here or there?  She lives near her parents.  What to do?  All lawyers I have tried are out of office til the 2nd.

Kitty C.

  • Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2612
  • Karma: 938
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2003, 02:23:04 PM »
Now you've got to hustle.  Be in an atty's office at 8 am. on the 2nd and get a request for an emergency hearing filed.  there are jurisdictional issues and she must bewith the kids in that state for 6 months before that state can have jurisdiction.  So if you file and get her served, she MUST come back to Indiana to court or you will win everything you ask for by default.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.