Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 07:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DYFS - CPS (help please)

Started by singledad321, Oct 11, 2005, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

singledad321

Again, thank you everyone for your advice and encouragements.  They have been very comforting.  I do not trust my ex.  I never have.  I have to hope and pray that my daughter is safe when she is with her mother, because there isn't much else I can do.

I talked about this to my little girl.  I needed her, and she needs it too, to know that none of this is her fault.  She thinks she is doing something to get me in trouble.  I told her that she did nothing wrong and that I have done nothing wrong.  (I never mentioned her mother in any of it.  Out of respect, I never bad mouth her mother since she does love her mother.) And she responded to me, "Is Mommy doing this because she is jealous that I want to be with you and wants to take me away from you?  Sometimes I don't think Mommy loves me very much.  She's not being fair.  A mommy just doesn't make her daughter cry.  A mommy shouldn't do that."  Mind you she is 6, and has been forced to grow up way too early.

Apparently, from what I have been told, my daughter talks about me constantly when with her mom, but she never mentions her mom when with me.  Mom hates that.  She is not beyond planting ideas into her head or using scare tactics to get to me.  The upside is that my girl is fiercely loyal to me, so she tells me everything and doesn't believe a lot that she hears.  She is catching on at a young age.

I also know that she is more than worth it.  I would never give up on her.  I would never stop fighting for her.

joni

Your child's childhood is lost, I agree.

Just cross your t's and dot your i's.  Don't leave yourself exposed.

singledad321

I spoke with the principal today, and it went very well.  I said that my daughter was upset because someone told her DYFS was going to take her away and I was going to jail and she would never see me again.  I did not mention her mother or any names.  They told me that she called them (the school) and reported it to them.  After talking to daughter they had no suspicions of abuse and never called DYFS.  They told me that they don't like to get involved in the middle of parents.  I explained that I understand and I was just concerned about daughter and only wanted to clear up my side of things.  She has been upset and scared and is blaming herself for all of this.  I told them that is why I never mentioned mother's name, that I didn't want to involve the school.

We talked for a long time, and they told me that I am just being a normal parent and that I have done nothing wrong.  They also suggested that I make a bed on the floor next to my bed so if she gets scared in the middle of the night she can curl up there.  That way she will feel the safety of being with me without actually being in my bed.

So overall I am very happy with the meeting.  I'm not happy that her mother did this, but she only ended up making herself look like an idiot.  The school knows these are false accusations and petty attempts to alienate daughter.  So it only gives me more defense.  And every attempt to alienate us only makes daughter and I closer.