Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 02:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Psycho ex-wife, expensive lawyers, DYFS investigates mother -

Started by DominoDad, Oct 30, 2005, 04:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DominoDad

and I am still no where.  I have well respected and experienced lawyer$$.  The mother just over-dosed at my son's school parking lot, DYFS is all over her, but hasn't taken the children (3) from her.  Every time I go to court the judge, who I have been informed is a "woman's judge", looks down on me, even though I take care of the kids 5 days a week while she indulges every one of her selfish desires.  I work 70 hours a week, she is unemployed!  I don't feel like I am getting anywhere.

Any ideas? Suggestions?;(

gipsy

My expierience < Expensive lawyer's are not alway's good , Effective lawyer's Are not alway's expensive , Maybe your lawers think that if DYFS is in this it's out of their control and are waiting for their results of thier investigation , In wash state they use Guardian Ad Litems , For these type of situations , AND CPS , From My experience thier is a lot of weight put into the reports generated by these people ,  But it's also My understanding that If the You believe the children are in Danger then you can take them , You need to talk to a real atty about this :  There is a board on here called Socrateaser , He usually answer's very directly and to the point of law , He replied to One of my Questions with : If you make a statement to the court you are obliged to prove it "
    Family law is full of people that make up a story to get the children < I'm Not saying you are doing this , But The court needs proof , I will say If the DYFS confirms the allegations then you should get the kids .
   Again you need good legal advice , And I will further comment : The courts process is painfully slow

Fair_Rulings

I think you mean DCFS or Department of Children and Family Services.  Watch out for DCFS they make big mistakes and can turn on you as well.  Research your attorney, go to courthouses and see if they have been sued in Superior, Supreme or Small Claims Court.  If the attorney has been sued many times then others have had problems too.  Look to see if they have ever been Defendants in any cases.  Research, Research, Research.  Also check the State Bar web site to see if they've ever had any type of public admonishment.  Request records and/or their DCFS narratives from County Counsel regarding your children.  For approx. $5.00 and a birth-date you can go to a courthouse and ask if the person in question was ever been  charged with a crime.  Go to parenting classes, in some cities they are free or you may have to pay for a book.  Go to the classes even if you don't think you need them.  Do what you can to make yourself look good in the eyes of the court.