Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:42:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm curious......why shouldn't women be drafted too?

Started by Brent, Jan 03, 2004, 02:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Why shouldn't women be drafted too? Give me one good reason why women (and ONLY women) are exempt from the draft.

It's as clear a case of Federally mandated (and enforced) gender discrimination as I've ever seen. Here's how it works:

1) If you have a vagina, you're exempt. You get to stay home, all nice and warm and safe.

2) If you have a penis, off you go to the battlefield to be blown to bits.

Now, I've never heard an actual feminist response to this question. Any takers? Why shouldn't women be drafted too?

Brent

Why shouldn't women be drafted too? Give me one good reason why women (and ONLY women) are exempt from the draft.

It's as clear a case of Federally mandated (and enforced) gender discrimination as I've ever seen. Here's how it works:

1) If you have a vagina, you're exempt. You get to stay home, all nice and warm and safe.

2) If you have a penis, off you go to the battlefield to be blown to bits.

Now, I've never heard an actual feminist response to this question. Any takers? Why shouldn't women be drafted too?

Indigo Mom

-----1) If you have a vagina, you're exempt. You get to stay home, all nice and warm and safe. -----

You also bleed for a week each month...SO THERE.  Them thar's our dues, baby.  

All kidding aside, lemme ask you a question.  Would you prefer to go into combat with peanutsdad next to you, or a woman?

Peanutsdad

Sorry, but Peanutsdad is a decorated vet,, and too damn old now,, he would do better now with a young woman,,I've come to accept my reflexes arent what they were. While I have experience,, sadly, I dont any longer have the reflexes to do what I know I was once trained to do.

Indigo Mom

-----he would do better now with a young woman,,I've come to accept my reflexes arent what they were. -----

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaweet!  come on over to Denver, baby...who gives a rip about YOUR reflexes...I'm perty dernt flexible myself.  I'll make up for what you lack!  ooooooooooh...bad Indy...bad bad bad.

-----While I have experience,, sadly, I dont any longer have the reflexes to do what I know I was once trained to do.-----

Dude...I used your name as an example because you seem to be the only dude on the board.  Forgive me...and GET ON OVAH HEAH!!!!

Brent

>Goodness gracious Brent!  Such grumpiness for a New Year! nm

Grumpiness aside, I noticed you neatly avoided answering the question. Do you think women should be drafted too, or do you believe they should be exempt from the draft, as they are now?

sweetnsad

Seeing as how most woman are hollering for "equal rights" and all, then yes, I think they should be drafted as well.  JMO though.

Rakkasan

[em][font color=red]Dude...I used your name as an example because you seem to be the only dude on the board.[/font] [/em]

Excuse Me!!!!! I am ugly beyond measure and have enough hair on my chest and back to weave a horse blanket the size of Wyoming and you say Peanutsdad seems to be the only guy on the board? Are you kidding me?

WAIT>>

Ugly beyond measure...

and a hairy chest and back????

..... I guess I could be a feminist/charter member of NOW huh?

Indigo Mom

I meant at the time.  I didn't see any other men posting at the time, so I used Mr. Peanut.

Anyway, what's with all the hair?  Do you have warts, too?  I didn't think you were a troll, but now I'm wondering...lol

You want to talk ugly?  Man...I chopped all my hair off yesterday and look like a fricken grandma!!!!  I've been a long hair all my life...now I'm a shortie.  And all types of Gramma like.  blech!

I challenge you to prove you're uglier than me.  

-----I guess I could be a feminist/charter member of NOW huh?-----

NEVER write anything like that again!  I had to wash the coffee off my damned monitor!!!!!!!!!