Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 09:45:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why my Ex broke up her daughter's home

Started by JB, Dec 10, 2005, 10:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB

I didn't notice a "rant about your Ex" forum so I'll put this here as a "Father's Issue".  It seems as good a place as any.

During the feud regarding my move out of state, my Ex FINALLY clarified why she filed for divorce in the first place.

It seems that she misinterpreted my investigation into the topic of feminism and what it had become.  In fact my interest in feminism was only tangental to my interest in men and masculinity and how we were portrayed by society.  That took me into investigating the role of feminism in re-defining masculinity.  

She stated we had irreconcilable differences in how I viewed the role of women in society.  I was interested in the role of men, not women, and never really mentioned nor really even questioned women's role.  I was then, and still remain an equalarian in that regard.  She also said she couldn't even talk to me about it.  More like she bring up the subject, and get clarification on it.  The closest she ever came was getting upset that I questioned there was any such thing as a "patriarchy" as presented by feminists.

So basically, she broke her daughter's home, and broke her "until death do us part" marital vow, over a difference in politics in a particular subject, and a misinterpretation at that.

What an idiot.