Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Help Please-Just Got Divorce Court Summons  (Read 940 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Help Please-Just Got Divorce Court Summons
« on: Jan 04, 2006, 11:39:13 AM »
My wife just had me served with divorce papers.  I have no knowledge of how any of this works.  I have very limited funds.  Don't know if there is court appointed attorneys for this or not.  Looking for a place to start.

Sorry to come of as so naive but any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated!



  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 969
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deltabravo.net
RE: Help Please-Just Got Divorce Court Summons
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2006, 12:53:11 PM »

One of the first things you'll hear is "Document, document, document!". Having good records is crucial, and these pages will help get you started:

Protecting Yourself During Divorce

Tips For Getting Started

How To Hire An Attorney

Hiring An Effective Attorney

Success Factors In Obtaining Custody

Some of these pages will apply more than others, but they all have valuable information. Also, get yourself either the Parenting Time Tracker (PTT) or the OPTIMAL Custody Tracking service at: http://www.parentingtime.net. The PTT is good, but the OPTIMAL service is better.


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 411
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Help Please-Just Got Divorce Court Summons
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2006, 10:53:54 PM »
Information Is great But don't get paralises by analisis . And Ignore these facts ;
   Read the papers and see when you have to respond ;
   Respond with what You object to , And what you want as far as the temp arrangements are made in establishing child support , Visitation of the children . and If she is asking for spousal maintanance , Etc , There will be a time that you have to repond by
  Next you will have to close any joint accounts and or sredit cards immediatley ,
   And if there is any money in accounts take some reasonable amount out to get a new place , And do it now !
   If you have kids you will file a parenting plan And for the temporary . Whom pays what bills , Don't let her stick you with all the bills etc .You really need to post about What the stakes are here !
  Is there kids? , Large equity ?, Large bank accounts ?. or
  Are you livieng in a rental house ? And there will be very little division of property? ,
  If you just start reviewing a bunch of info I would fear that you would be looking at a heck of a lot of info That you may not need , and then mean while not reponding to the papers she has filed !


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.