Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 06:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Background Checks

Started by joni, Feb 28, 2006, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

I think my SD's new stepfather is a raging alcoholic.  He called our home last week, really messed up, really drunk.  SD says there's tons of beer in the house and he drinks every night when he gets home.  Anyone use any of those background web sites that check criminal records or for DUI's?  Thanks

zutalurs

My wife is a wonder at finding background ino via the internet.  I'm not sure what all services she uses, but I do know she uses PublicData.com and intellos at times.  The good ones do require a subscription, but it can be worth it.  You can also hire a private detective to run a check, but they tend to use a lot of the same sites.  The only advantage to a P.I. that I know of, is if you get an ex-cop then they sometimes have connections still on the force who can find out things that the websites don't have yet.

Happyno

Exactly what kind of information can you find out?  Do you get to know everything or bits and pieces of info?

fatherwithcustody

You may also go down to your local police station and have them do what is called a "Survey" On the stepfather. If you have his full legal name, give them the name and ask them to do this. It costs around 8 dollars each year you have his name surveyed. What they do is run his name on a computer data base, and if he has any type of interaction with the police, it should come up on their computer, from there you can purchase the information, usually in the form of a police report of some type for a minimal cost, at least this is how I did it in Texas. I used my son's mother's address's and found out the police had been to her place quite a few times for various reasons, suicide threats, domestic problems with her husband, etc.

Sunshine1

Ok, I just signed up for //www.publicdata.com.  This is a pretty good site if you your looking for some dirt.  I do know that BM has a lengthy driving record history and it only gave me a couple, however my children's wicked SM's record was quite surprising with an open bottle on there.

It depends on what you are looking for.  I also signed up for another one that gives you links to free sites...this one was crap!  If you are any good at researching or even can type a word into google, these sites already come up...so becareful what you sign up for.

Anyone have a better one than publicdata.com?

MYSONSDAD

http://people-search.com/ReverseLicensePlate.htm

"Children learn what they live"

usayow

a very good one to look at.  It depends on the state you are in if their is information available to you.  I'm in Indiana and you can not do license plate checks or anything like that.  Their are no civil criminal small claims family courts nothing.  Just professional license and doc that's it.  I would not recommend it to anyone.  I'm trying to do a plate now and cant seem to do it with out paying a bunch of money so if anyone else has any ideas let us all know.
Thanks