Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 11:46:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A storm got us

Started by msme, May 10, 2006, 02:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msme

At 4:50 this morning a storm hit. It picked up my 32 foot travel trailer & put it in gr8Dad & gr8Mom's bedroom. They said it came up suddenly. So far they say it was not a tornado. They are calling it straight line winds from 65 to 100+ mph. But I can't figure how it could flip the trailer onto it's roof & shove it into the house in less than 30 feet of space. It looks more like it was picked up & thrown.

Our big storage building, which is actually a 40 foot tractor trailer is laying on it's side. All the christmas lawn ornaments which were stored behind it are flat, along with a lot of other stuff. We have not attempted to open it. There are a lot of family treasures in there.

But, it is all just stuff. It is replaceable, or things we can do without. gr8Dad & gr8Mom had run out of the bedroom to get the kids out of bed & into the bathroom just seconds before the trailer hit. The glass from the windows came in so hard that their mattress & pillows are covered with pieces of glass stabbed into them. If they had been in bed, they would have been cut to ribbons.

Our next door neighbor lost his travel trailer too, but his smashed to pieces & most of it landed on his mother's car. He also has roof damage. So many friends & neighbors have come by to offer help. Our good Lord protected us & no one was hurt. We are blessed & that is all that really matters.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

janM

Wow, talk about good timing!
I'm so glad you're all safe. I heard about tornadoes in Texas last night.

wendl

oh how scary, I am glad you are all ok.

It is so nice when neighbors care enough to help one another out.

Prayers to you and the other families that this happened to.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

determined

I am relieved that none of you were hurt.  I send my prayers that you can recover quickly and fully.

msme

Well, they got the trailer out of gr8Dad's bedroom. My adjuster came yesterday & my coverage is not great, so I get nothing for the trailer. I get about $500 for the out buildings & not sure about the contents. They will repair the the hail damage to the back side & roof of my house. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Right now, I am looking for a salvage company to buy my trailer. It is not repairable, but in pretty good shape for the shape it is in.

gr8Dad's adjuster has not shown up yet. I think he is coming Monday. I guess the only thing I can say is get out your ins. policy & read the fine print. Cuz you never know for sure how good your coverage is until you try to use it. :-(

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!