Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need help with letter of Intent

Started by WhatToDo, Nov 16, 2006, 01:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatToDo

I'm using the Letter of Intent to exercise visitation from this site. At the top it says Return Recepit Article. What is this number? Is it on our court order? Also it asks for Clerk of Court, Court #. How do I know the court number? Would this be, for example, 3rd Circuit Court? Or is it talking about a differernt number?

WhatToDo

I need to get this letter sent. Can someone PLEASE help me out?

Ref

That is if you send the letter certified, return receipt. DH used FedEx so he typed in FedEx tracking #_______.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong

Ref

WhatToDo

Thank you for answering!

So basically I can't put the letter in an envelope until after I go to the post office?

Ref

he could go to the post office and grab some of the green cards for home. Then he can just pull them out of the drawer anytime he needs to send a letter. For this letter, you can run to the post office and grab some cards, go back home,  type in the number and then go back to the post office to mail it. Its a pain but once you have a stack at home, you wont need to do it again.

Ref

WhatToDo

So I didn't really know what I was doing.

thank you so much! THe post office is a block away from where I work so it won't be too much of an inconvenience.

THanks again for your help! I'm off to the post office!

MixedBag

is really your case number as assigned by the court.

They look different in each state, and some times they start out with
DR for domestic relations, and then the year 96 and then a sequential number.

You can also use "Priority confirmed delivery" which can be done right from your computer at home.

I thought there was an article here on the site that talked about using "certified" mail amd all the pros and cons.

See with certified mail, the receiver has to sign for it and that might mean an extra trip to the post office for them.  With priority confirmed delivery, there is no trip to the post offfice.  And you can do a signature confirmation as well.....and on-line.

Just remember, EXs who want to be a pain, are gonna be a pain no matter what you do.

Keep after them and keep focusing on the children in the process.