Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:43:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kids taken by CAS from ex.....I have no idea what to do.......any help???

Started by VicDad, Nov 25, 2006, 01:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicDad

I am new to this site, but from what i have read, sounds like a lot of us are in the same boats. I just found out that my kids were placed in foster care yesterday. They were removed for issues from my ex's house. I am on the opposite side of the Country and i am pulling my hair out because i can't get any info on where they are, if they are okay, nothing. Any one who can offer any advice on what i should do, or what my next step would or should be, would be of great help. I am losing my mind here with concern. I have never felt more helpless in my whole life......

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Giggles

My brother had the same thing happen.  Question?  Are you paying support?  Does it go through the state?  Reason for this is so that the state DOES know who and where you are....

When my niece and nephew were put in foster homes, the agency tried to say they didn't know where my brother was...total BS since they were taking money from him...helloooo.

What you may have to do is try some way of finding out who their caseworker is and get on her/his good side.  My Brother's case worker was a real B!tch and cost him THOUSANDS in legal fees.

You obviously know what state they are in...do you know what county or city?  If you know those then hop on-line and start looking for the Health and Human Services agencies in that area.  Explain your situation and tell them you're trying to find out if they are OK and what you can do to help out.

Since they haven't been in for very long, CAS may have taken them temporarily until they gather all evidence about the situation at BM's.  This is why I said you need to find out who their case worker is and find out what exactly is going on....

Oh...btw...it took my brother over 2 years but he now has SOLE custody of his kids....their step-father was sexually abusing them.  He fought and fought for them but the state was fighting him...they wanted to give them back to the BM who is STILL married to the abusing sicko...but thankfully he's in JAIL and will be for another 12 years!!!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!