Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 02:40:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need Suggestions

Started by KKJ995, Feb 16, 2007, 06:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KKJ995

This may get rather long as I don't know how to keep short what I want to get across, so bear with me PLEASE.

My step son has 2 children, he was supposed to have them this weekend and then leave them with us for next week.  BM calls me this morning asking is it true that I don't need any clothes, I said yes, I have plenty.  She asked me if step son was bringing kids over this weekend, I said yes.  Half hour after that I find out that she wants the kids back by 8:00 Sunday morning so SHE can get them to us by 9:00.  Now remember the kids would already be here, but she wanted their dad to leave here at 7:00 drive them back to her, about an hour long drive, so she could load them into her car, drive back this way and have us meet her 1/2 way.  Step son sent her a text message saying fine, I won't take the girls this weekend.  So now we have to meet her half way and pick the kids up.  Step son has an attorney, we told him to call the attorney, let them deal with it.  They have not been to court yet for the temporary hearing.  They were not married.  We find out about 4:30 that step son never called his attorney, said he fell asleep with the phone in his hand.  He works nights.

Ok, as a grandparent will his attorney talk with us?  Step son, in my opinion is being harrassed and says he is documenting everything, but not going to his attorney with all this (as far as we know).  Would I be meddling to call his attorney?  
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting step son more motivated to keep more in contact with his attorney?

I know that this is his problem, and we are just trying to help, but how far do we go?

I am at a loss here.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.

libdave

IT APPEARS AS THOUGH YOUR STEP SON IS NOT VERY RESPONSIBLE. AS GRANDPARENTS IT IS UNDERSTANDABLE TO WANT TO NURTURE YOUR GRANDCHILDREN, BUT YOU MAY BE DOING THEM MORE HARM BY ENABLING THE IRRESPONSIBLE FATHER. PLEASE CONSIDER GIVING HIM SOME "TOUGH LOVE" AND FORCE HIM TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS OFFSPRING.