Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stop Child Support NOW!

Started by StopNow, May 07, 2007, 05:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2dvldog

I would rather pay daycare then continue to allow her to stay home. I have the kids 50% of the time. she doesn't have to work when I have them either. I can't stop working because the court figures earning potential for men but not for women. And Jade it would depend  on the parent that they are home with to determine whether daycare would be better or not.

Jade

>I would rather pay daycare then continue to allow her to stay
>home. I have the kids 50% of the time. she doesn't have to
>work when I have them either. I can't stop working because the
>court figures earning potential for men but not for women. And
>Jade it would depend  on the parent that they are home with to
>determine whether daycare would be better or not.

Well, then you should lose your argument.  Because a court will probably view a parent being able to care for the kids while the other parent is at work better for the kids.  

Unless you can prove that their mother is unfit (and since you don't have primary custody, you obviously haven't been able to), it is better for the children to be with a parent than a daycare center or a stepmom or stepdad.  

And the courts DO figure income potential for the women.  Although, in some states, it is better to accept no income in the parent receiving child support for calculation purposes.  

mistoffolees

>I would rather pay daycare then continue to allow her to stay
>home. I have the kids 50% of the time. she doesn't have to
>work when I have them either. I can't stop working because the
>court figures earning potential for men but not for women. And
>Jade it would depend  on the parent that they are home with to
>determine whether daycare would be better or not.

Sorry, but it's not up to you do determine whether your ex works or not. Perhaps you don't get the idea of divorce? She's got her life and you have yours.

Yes, you have joint responsibility for the kid(s), but as you've been told, you'd probably be paying MORE money if she went back to work, so you don't really have much to complain about (and even if you did, it's STILL not your choice).

You have every right to have minimum wage imputed to her in the child support calculations, but I can almost guarantee that it won't work to your benefit.