Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Father released by Kansas Supreme Court

Started by Peanutsdad, Jan 14, 2004, 07:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutsdad

I am here at work, and am treating a man for shortness of breath. He is 6'4 220 pound black male, quiet spoken and calm appearing. He overheard me talking to another man about custody fights and after that man left, he told me his story.

He is the father of four children. He and the bm had split up. One fine day 5 yrs ago, he was at bm's place and asked if he could take the youngest to the park. She said yes he could. He got to the park which was less than 1 block from her residence. Soon, the police arrested him there at the park for allegedly kidnapping his youngest child.

He was consequently sentenced to 17 yrs in state prison. At his trial, a key witness that heard the bm give him permission to take the child,, was suppressed. In court documents, the witness claimed that friends of the bm threatened him if he testified.

Two yeas after his conviction and incarceration, the witness finally came forward , was able to give his statement.

It took 2.5 more years and a trip to the kansas supreme court to finally overturn this mans conviction.

He sentiments today,, are just this he loves his kids, but will never marry, nor father another child. He wont put his life in another womans hands again.

After spending 4.5 years in prison for something he did not do,, cant say as I blame him.

nosonew

I am from Kansas, haven't read anything about this.... yep, this state can be rough, and some REALLY stupid judges too!  Not to mention our share of illiterate attorneys!  Poor guy!

joni

and why hasn't the public in Kansas heard about this travesty of justice and father's rights?

Rapists get less prison time.  Please let your coworker know that prayers are going his way.

sweetnsad

What a perfect example of how father's rights are simply THROWN out the window...how disgusting for her to have been able to get away with this...the poor man...

Peanutsdad

He wasnt a co-worker,, he was a patient. I looked into it, and he told me the truth.

No, his ex has not been charged with anything, nor will be.

joni

you should forward his story to [email protected].  He has a radio show about men's rights (or lack of them).

He's the guy who started the campaign against "boys are stupid...throw rocks at them."

his web site is //www.hisside.com

New Creation

Horrible!

This is what I mean what is going on in this country??????  Someday a bunch of people are going to band together and fight this.

My senator goes to my church I am going to ask him if he knows a proceedure to get something spoken about and campaigned for on capitol hill. If people can go speak about missing people and get the amber alert starting why can't abused fathers get something done.