Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:34:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Parental Alienation / what type of personality disorder is most common cause?

Started by falsely accused, Apr 01, 2008, 02:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falsely accused

I have 2 children and am going through a divorce.   My kids show signs of alienation toward me and disfavor.  

My wife no doubt has psychopathology issues.  

for my own knowledge, what personality disorder / or mental illness is usually behind parental alienation in a spouse?    we are going to get evaluated soon.

determined

PAS is a behavior, not a diagnosis.  This is more than semantics as the behavior is what you address, both in your court filings and in your guidance to your kids.

Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) often generates behaviors such as PAS, but no specific disorder is a guarantee of PAS.

babyfat

the most commonly linked with pas is boaderline personality disorder but I have also seen mention of bipolar. Think is some otherwise "normal" people have been known to alienate thier kids from the other parent so even if the psych eval comes back normal doesn't mean isn't doing it nor does it mean she is.

mango

I would also look under NPD.

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), is a personality disorder that usually thinks they are superior and better then the other parent. Thier home is better, job, environment, parenting, food, clothes, etc.

jeffmc27

IM a new father, who has left my wife and girl due to a domesticlt violent situationif fear for my own life and babys well bieng.  Wife has child Still smokes marijuana and is diagnosed bipolar and personality disorder. Im afraid my family is not behind my decision to stay with my wife. Im in Washington and wife and child are in Colorado.  Im completly torn between my immediate family and going back to Denver because I made my new family and want it to all work out.

Kitty C.

.........or many will not know that your case is completely separate than the one accosiated with this thread.

Start a new post and hopefully someone will respond directly to it.......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......