Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More on Claire's offensive merchandise

Started by Brent, Jan 19, 2004, 09:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

From Glenn Sacks:

Over the past month you have successfully driven the hateful "Boys Are Stupid, Throw Rocks at Them" T-shirts from Universal Studios, Tilly's, and Bon Macy's--72 stores in all. Our campaign has been picking up steam, both in prominent endorsements and press coverage .

It is now time to focus on our next campaign target: Claire's, a large chain with 2,875 retail outlets in nearly a dozen countries. They sell hats, wallets, wristbands, socks and other products which say "Boys are Stupid--Throw Rocks at Them" and "Stupid Factory--Where Boys Are Made."

These products are made by a company called David &Goliath, and are sold at 3,500 retail outlets worldwide. We oppose any product which says "boys are stupid" or promotes violence against boys. This week I want to knock out of over half of David &  Goliath's retail outlets.

This is a much bigger target than we've ever tackled before and it's going to take a big effort to win. This is Stalingrad--the decisive battle of our campaign--and I want all of you to unleash hell.

Below is the contact information for both of Claire's CEOs, as well as their CFO, their VP of Finance, and the CEOs' executive secretary. I want you to call and write all five of them. Be polite, but let them know exactly where you stand. Please copy me on all emails at [email protected] and use the subject line "Customer Complaint - 'Boys are Stupid' Products at Claire's."

Best Wishes,
Glenn Sacks

Who to contact at Claire's Stores, Inc.

Marla L. Schaefer
Co-Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Claire's Stores, Inc.
[email protected]
Phone (954) 433-3900
Fax (954) 433-3999

Bonnie Schaefer
Co-Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Claire's Stores, Inc.
[email protected]  
Phone (954) 433-3900
Fax (954) 433-3999

Phyllis Korman
Executive Secretary
Claire's Stores, Inc.
[email protected]  
Phone (954) 433-3900
Fax (954)433-3999

Ira D. Kaplan
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Claire's Stores, Inc.
[email protected]

Michael Rabinovitch
Vice President of Finance
Claire's Stores, Inc.
[email protected]

msme

I called the number for Marla Schaefer & was told that she works out of the NY office & her number is: 212-594-3127.

Lets hit them on both sides of the country!

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

msme

I was transfered to a Bill Samela in "Loss Prevention". He informed me that their is a meeting going on right now to decide if they should continue to sell the products. He said that they had received a lot of calls & that it wasn't their intention to promote violence.  

I asked him if their buyers would purchase items that said that girls were stupid & he said that didn't believe they would. He said that he asked the buyers in that office if they thought the items were wrong & one of them said,"Heck no, they have been on us for years. Now we can give it back."

At least they are taking the complaints seriously, keep up the good work.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

MYSONSDAD

Sent the e-mails and called. Got a message on a machine.

'Children learn what they live'

joni

Glenn contacted me last week after I CC'd him on my email to Claire's.  Because of SPARC, Glenn was made aware of the merchandise with Claire's.  Once we got the proper confirmation for him that Claire's was indeed carrying this merchandise, Glenn was able to launch his campaign on Sunday.

This will be the biggest take down of David & Golaith.  Claire's is a world wide retailer.  This is the big Kahuna folks!

Glenn couldn't have been a nicer guy.  He's sincerely invested in men's rights.  SPARC has proven their support for Glenn.

Our voice is being heard.  There is strength in numbers.  This should be reassuring to everyone who reads this email that if we continue to work collectively, WE will make a difference.  It's within our reach.....

forthekids24

... and also sent emails to all my local news stations.  Claire's is all around here.  They might be interested in doing a story.  

Hopefully it will help those bone heads at David & Goliath actually understand that what they are doing is wrong!

FatherTime

I meet in 40 minutes with a reporter.  I'm on tv tonight.  I've got to go check my hair.   Both of them.  (just joking about the hair)

:D

StPaulieGirl

Glenn Sacks sent me an email like the one you posted.  I think the only person I contacted was Katie Michaels, the customer service rep.  She sent the same reply as everyone else received.

I just explained what was going on with these Tshirts with my friend.  Here's a point:  if your little boy isn't wussified, and if some girl (probably the playground bully) walks past wearing a shirt with a message like that, and he decides to throw a rock first, who gets into trouble?  

I'm trying to figure out a creative way to present the potential problems arising from offering merchandise with these types of messages on them.   Money talks and BS walks.

So who else is selling this merchandise?  Tilly's and Bon Macy's have pulled the items off their shelves, but there has to be other stores.

FatherTime

I was so nervous...people walking by in the mall.  The manager of Claire's walked by and gave me a dirty look.  I think that I might have made them mad.  

My throat was dry and I spoke softly.  I'm waiting to see the segment right now.  

Well...it wasn't that bad.  I looked ok.

Well round 4 is well underway.

gmaoftwo

Emailed them all !!!  nm