Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 04:18:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

concren over duaghters living situation

Started by jerzy, Jan 13, 2004, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerzy

I have a 13 year old daughter that I have recently been seeing again. Mother's pattern of behavior is a concern;
  1 Has serious heart condition and has had attacks and walked out of hopsital after each one.
  2 Daughter has stated during visits that she has to take care of mother and brother especially when they drink and cause mess.
  3 Daughter recently hospitalized fro taking too much medicne of mother's-stated reason was to escape her life.
  4 During visits to my home has asked if mom can be called to ask for longer stays.
  5 Discusses depression over home life and gets very quiet before having to go home
  6 Mother changes child support needs at her whim and have learned thru grandmother that when things are going well mother is paranoid that we are trying to take child away.
  7 Mother drinks, smokes adn abuses medications by her own words daily.
  8 Older brother drinks and gets high and has exposed daughter to this at the admission of mother
  9 I have contacted protective services and it has been turned back on myself and family with disrespect and seeming uncaring by worker
  10 I am concerned over daughter's emotional well being and am not concerned about placement just that she has a voice and can get what ever she needs to be able to have a normal life.

Brent

>I have a 13 year old daughter that I have recently been
>seeing again. Mother's pattern of behavior is a concern;

What is it that you want to do or have happen?

jerzy

I want a 3rd uninvolved party to review situation and determine if my daughter needs different placement (does not need to be me if I am not appropriate to the need), counseling or maybe I am making too much of things. I work in the soial services field and am a behaviorist by trade so I do not think Iam too far off with my concerns. I am just lost and want what is best for her no matter what that is.

wendl

usually when a ncp parent calls cps they don't take it to serious, sorry but it is the truth.

Has your daughter ever talked to her school counselor if so they are required by law to contact authorities.  You may need to try this route, tell you daughter that is she is scared or in danger etc to talk to someone at the school.

Good luck.