Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 12:49:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hello Good People!

Started by SLYarnell, Jun 23, 2008, 06:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLYarnell

I thought I would stop by and check in!  In just a couple of months we will be facing the 2 year anniversary of my DH's death.  In some ways it seems like forever ago, and in some like it was yesterday!  Some of you will remember that just months after SD finally came to live with us, after a horrific, expensive custody battle with "host parents" (guardians) her dad was killed in a motorcycle accident in California.  I packed her up and she and I moved back to where I grew up and moved in with my mother.  Late last year we moved into our own place and have slowly begun putting the pieces back together.

I was granted full guardianship of her and we are very close.  She has a ton of guilt over not coming to live with us sooner but I tell her everyday how much her dad loved her and how proud he was of her!  She will be 18 in February and will be a senior in High School this fall.

We will in the next month be moving across the country from Oregon to New Hampshire.  I am involved in a new relationship and excited to make a fresh new start!  He has no children of his own and adores SD and she him!  They probably have more in common than she and I do and we are very much looking forward to being a family.  

I think of you all often and have sent several your way for advise and support.  You are all always so helpful!  I dont know what I would have done without you during our years long struggle.

Keep up the battle you make such a difference in peoples lives!

SLY

Davy

SLY !

It has always been great to hear from you ... many many folks benefitted from your constant involvement.  

Needless to say both SD and you have been equally blessed for having each other in your lives ... no doubt one of the more inspiring and uplifting on this board.  Thanks for all you do.

Best of everything to you and Mr Wonderful in NH.

SLYarnell

Thank you Davy!  That means the world to me!

Kitty C.

It's great to hear from you!  And good to hear you and your SD are doing so well!  Best of luck to you both in your new life to come!

Kitty C
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

It doesn't seem like it's been THAT long since your tragedy!

And I'll have to second what was said before, your presence here is missed.

Good luck with it all!

And yes, glad to read that SD is doing well.

Kent

Hey Sly,

Good to hear you're doing well!
Same thing here, things are going well, my son is living with me full time now. And got two others with my current wife.
In addition I'm attending GA Tech and will have my MBA in a few months. WOOHOO!!! (looks like I'm getting smart in my old days... LOL)

Kent!

SLYarnell

That is EXCELLENT news Kent!  I am so happy for you *smiles*