Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

need help

Started by mick1212, Aug 21, 2008, 04:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mick1212

hi all,my names mick,
i am a uk citizen and am currently there.i lived in ontario for a year in 2006 2007 and was living with my ex.r son was born in oct 2006 reese in newmarket,then in jan 2007was arrested and charged with domestic assoult.spent a week in lindsey before getting bail.when i did spent a few days with the ex then flew home cuz i was not allowed to be with her.flew back in may for court and got connditional discharged but was on a restraining order for a year to stay away from her but i didnt spent the week with her and reese then flew home flew back over in june to see reese and the ex wouldent let me.had no clue about family law in ontario and not much money so flew back home .i have not seen reese since r had any updates i tryed but she threatend to report me to the cops if i called her again.so i didnt until this may when the order was done with she just ignored me.and i have recently learned she gona get married and the guy she marrying is gona adopted reese.i dont want this to happen and i know she will go ahead with it and tell the courts she dont know where i am.can she do this.and whats all this about custody who has it me her both.
mick

Ref

First of all, you may want to edit your post to take out names and specific locations for privacy reasons.

You have a very complicated case and noone here can give you the kind of information you need.

I have family of a man who fathered a child out of marriage in the UK. From what I understand, the UK is worse than here. Unmarried dads have no rights at all.

I know nothing about Canadian law.

The advice I tend to give in this situation is get a good father's rights lawyer and dig deep in your pockets for it. Run up credit cards, empty bank accounts and get another job to pay for the best lawyer you can find.

Also, don't violate to restraining order. It is terrible that you have to go a long time without seeing your kid but it will only get worse if you don't follow the rules word for word.

You didn't say whether or not you actually committed domestic assault or not. You may not want to admit to it for legal reasons. If you did, please get some anger managment classes or therapy. This will only help you out as far as your relationship with your kid and with the court.

Best of luck
Ref