Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Law, help, CSED, and a runaway mom  (Read 3367 times)


  • Guest
Law, help, CSED, and a runaway mom
« on: Nov 28, 2003, 04:03:02 AM »
To start off heres my story.

Back in 1999 a woman by the name of alicia m martin had a son.  She has made a claim that I am the father of this child.  I didn't recieve any information or court summons or anything regarding this claim, though a document was sent to my residence.  The document that was sent was signed for by my roommate at the time, and then discarded(the relationship with the roommate was questionable).  Now the state of montana in it's infinite wisdom has deemed me the LEGAL father of this child.  I do not know where to turn.  Attorneys have told me this will be a expensive matter, as i have been searching for help for a long time. I dont have that much for financial backing, but would like to seek a paternity test or at least begin custody proceedings.  The reason being, if i begin the preceedings she might decide its a waste of time and tell the truth about this child, or 2 if this child truly is mine will have the right to be involved with his father.  I have been researching the laws regarding this issue for the last 6 years, as i have yet to find an attorney who is willing to take on a custody case in montana probono.  
To add another twist to the story, the mother fled montana to washington to have this child and keep it from me.  She then fled to alaska where i lost track of her.  I do not know where she is today, but CSED has full information on her whereabouts.  They however will not release that information.  Is there any way i can get them to release that information other than a court order??  Is there any organizations out there that will help pay for an attorney to persue this matter?  I am and have always been lost in these matters.  Should i just approach the judge and ask for legal proceedings.  I do know there is a protocol in which paternity plans are established and i have an idea on how to establish one, but i dont know if i should try without legal representation.

Any ideas, links, lists, direction, legal services, etc... would help in providing me with a solution, as i feel my child has been deprived for far too long, that and the uncertanty of the actual paternity of this child has also been put off far too long.

And my second question is, if CSED did establish this order though false information, how do i go about getting it reversed?


Indigo Mom

  • Guest
RE: Curious...........
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2003, 11:09:45 AM »
If this incident only happened in 1999, how come you've been "researching" it for 6 years?


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 982
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Law, help, CSED, and a runaway mom
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2003, 03:02:08 PM »
Not to nitpick, but if this happened in '99, then it would be 4 yrs not 6 yrs.

Attorneys will always tell you that it is an expensive matter.  They bleed people for a living.

Do you know for a fact that this child could be yours?  I guess Montana just wants the money, and won't put out an APB out on this woman.  It would be nice if they respected your rights as well as mother and child.  Just by her running to Alaska, makes me smell a rat.

A couple of questions:  Did this woman tell you that you were the father, when she was pregnant with the child?  Is there any other reason, besides fraud, that she would run away?  Alaska is a pretty extreme destination....


  • Global Moderator
  • Jr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 63
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Law, help, CSED, and a runaway mom
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2003, 10:12:03 PM »

[A HREF=http://www.deltabravo.net/news/10-19-2000.htm" target="new]Tips For Getting Started[/A]

[A HREF=http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/findingex.htm" target="new]Locating a "Missing" Ex-Spouse[/A]


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.