Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need some advice about a disapearing reapearing baby, strange

Started by whippertizzy, Dec 30, 2003, 08:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whippertizzy

Before we got married my husband had been involved with another woman. She had been "pregnant" three times when they had been together, once with one, twice with twins, and once with quads.  It became apparent after a while she was faking those pregnancies.( The first two she miscarried, but he saw her the next day and she was fine with no bleeding, and the quads just dissapeared somewhere in the 12th month of pregnancy"rolling eyes") So they broke up for good and in the mean time My husband and I got together and married.  Well just the other day she sent him an email of her in a hosptial room holding a baby, surrounded by ger family.  Lots of baby pictures.  Apparently she has had a baby. Assuming that the pictures are recent. She has had another child that "died" and I say "died" because we can't find a death record for him.  He never met the child or her family in the three years they dated. So he is not sure if the pictures are recent or older ones of her previous child.  He has told her that he wants a DNA test, and she said that she will gladly do it in February at the babies next docotrs appt.
We are in Illinois, and she is in Indiana, and moving to michigan. We have an appt at a lawyer next week.  In the mean time we have no clue what we should be doing,  Could someone give us a clue? I am having a hard time finding info that pertains to a situation like this.

nosonew

First things first, get a paternity test.  Then talk to your lawyer about your options.  HOPE he's NOT the father for your sake!

lovehiskids

She sounds crazy enough I would ask for a copy of the birth certificate.

I pray he is not the child's dad!

msme

I would tell her that he will be there at the doctors office for the baby's appointment. That should make her wake up & smell the coffee. It sounds like she will next tell him that if he sends her money every month, she won't take her to court.

Good luck & God bless.

msme
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!