Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My Kids are failing in school HELP!!!

Started by maddmaxx63, Jan 10, 2004, 08:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddmaxx63

I have two children ages 12 and 14 both are failing in school.  I had to move away 5 years ago because of work.  My daughters Counselor told me that there has been a  grade a year drop in my daughters work she now has a 0.00 GPA.  he is alo skipping school has missed 13.5 days so far this year. My so has been held back once aready and his teacher says that he is not where he should be this year.  MY ex and I have Joint Legal and Physical Custody but the kids go to school up in Norther MN and I am next door in Wisconsin.  My ex is on Welfare and so I am already at a disadvantage in that area.  since she gets everything for free legally speaking.  I am remarried and have set up a good family enviroment for the kids, I quess my question is  DO i stand a chance??  My Son would come down here, But my daughter does not want to leave her friends.  My kids spend the summers with me and school yeears with there mother.  All I am asking for is a reversal of the situation..   I tryed to speack wit the ex but all I got was " You will have to fight me for them"  She tells me that she wants to be there friend not there mother  I say fine I am still there father. As for haveing Joint Legal  and Physical custody  What can I do??

Indigo Mom

I didn't think that was possible.  Is she even going to school?  I would talk to the counselor again and find out exactly what they've been doing for this child.  Obviously she's not getting any assistance at home...what is the school doing?  I find it odd that this child has a zero, yet no one seems to be "too" terribly concerned.  Letting it go that low tells me your kids are either in a bogus school....or something is wrong...learning wise.  

As for your son?  He's not where he's supposed to be?  He's been held back once already?  Has the school tested either of these kids to eliminate a learning disability?  

I'd be spitting nails if the school my kids attend waited til they were beyond help before talking to me.  

I don't know if you have grounds for a change in custody.  I would talk to the school first, find out if they can test the kids...and obviously you need to keep in contact with the counselor.  Find out as much as you possibly can.  DO as much as you possibly can, even though you're in another state.