Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 11:59:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

father wanting to gain custody...PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Started by miohmike11, Jan 14, 2004, 06:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miohmike11

My ex has picked up and moved twice without notifying me.  I have been lucky and found her both times due to her family members.  This all happened within one month.  I had visitation with my 5 year old daughter and was supposed to have her for Christmas.  Four days after my visit, my ex yanked my daughter out of school and moved again.  I found them last week and they are currently living in a motel.  She spent Christmas in a motel room without a tree and a home.  I have been trying to get an atty for a week now and no one seems to want to take the case even though they keep telling us that we have a great one.  We have documented everything.  I have never been allowed the court appointed visitation because she is jealous of my current wife.  Each time I threaten court then I am given visitation and when I return my daughter, my ex has her phone disconnected.  I pay over $500. a month in support and my ex keeps moving my child and never seems to keep her clean.  This is the last straw with her.  My daughter is not going to live in a motel.  Does anyone have any ideas where I can go for help.  I am at my witts end with this.  No one wants to help me and all I can think of is my daughter in that dirty motel.  We live in Ohio and I have called childrens services many times because she has had her water shut off for days at a time and neighbors are calling me telling me she is into drugs really bad.  I have also heard that her first ex is taking her to court for custody of their 15 year old son.  Any help would be great!

sweetnsad

Indigo Mom

living in hotels.....

My daughters father did the hotel bounce thing for a while.  The GAL didn't think living in a hotel was appropriate for the child (then 2 years old).  The hotels he chose to bounce around were in a terrible TERRIBLE neighborhood.  

You need to file a motion to appoint a special advocate or guardian ad litem.  They'll do a home visit to both homes, and investigate the situation.  This might be your best bet.

nosonew

Agree with Indigo's Mom, this is probably your best bet.