Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 04:17:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wally World...(Walmart)...boys and rocks..

Started by FatherTime, Jan 23, 2004, 03:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld85

As most of you know, hence my user name, I work there.  I am actually loss prevention.  I can say that as soon as Wal Mart gets enough letters, or bad press, they would most definetly get rid of them.  I actually cannot believe that Wallyworld has them!  Really they are pretty politically correct.

sweetnsad

Oh my God...can you believe even WALMART has stooped this low???

FatherTime

Rakkasan

... and if it wasn't that I stopped shopping there long long ago I would surely stop after having read your letter to Wal-mart.  

Rakkasan

...Astro's letter (shown below) to all of the business writers for the our local papers. In worded the subject line as follows: Wal-mart and David & Goliath - a new low for business What do you think?

[em]Today I was browsing Wal-Marts site and came across an item that they are selling that frankly offended me. It is the book they are selling named "Boys are Stupid: Throw Rocks at Them" by the manufacturer David & Goliath.

This piqued my curiosity as to why they would promote violence against children and so I decided to investigate your company "message" and that of David & Goliath's.

Wal-mart espouses Sam Walton's 3 Basic Beliefs: Respect the Individual, Service to the Customer, and Strive for Excellence. How selling a product that tells girls to hate boys will show respect to ANY individual is beyond me--perhaps someone could explain it to me, if this is the Excellence they strive for, then the innovation to push the boundaries has truly been achieved. Wal-mart has certainly exceeded MY boundaries.

I wonder of I were to propose to them hypothetical books and products embracing violence towards girls if would they buy and sell them? Think about it--"Girls are Sissies: Pull Their Hair!", "Girls are Braindead: Ban them from School", "Cook, Clean, Make Babies".

Offensive? You bet it is. But absolutely no different than the David & Goliath's product line--only it is aimed at boys. This humor at an adult level is one thing, but this humor aimed at children is quite another. For them to have now become a part of this thinking is indefensible, and they have now lost my patronage.

I have literally spent thousands of dollars in their stores--but I will continue no longer. My friends and colleagues (almost all mothers and fathers) will certainly hear of these new core beliefs--and if but a few heed me they too will think twice.

Please consider investigating this story yourself and writing an article about these two companies. They are making money by advocating violence against children.
[/em]

FatherTime

Walmart is stupid...throw reporters at them.

Remember concerned parents, Bad Press is dangerous, So inform the press quickly.

StPaulieGirl

Lolol!  Walmart has been getting their share of bad press lately.  Btw, got a reply to my email to them saying that they were forwarding it to their retail division.   I should be hearing from them in 4 business days.

NoNicky

Here's something interesting for you.  I just got the chance to write my letters.  Those e-mail addresses are no longer valid and the mail gets returned.  Too many letters?

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

FatherTime

sorry (shhhh)

I went back to check and see if they still sold the book at Walmart.
They dropped it.  Check it out....

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2485560&sourceid=1500000000000000040820

NoNicky

They actually called me.  Surprised the heck out of me.  They wanted to hear my complaint first hand and get my opinion.  

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6