Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

the rest of the story and ?

Started by mbatde, Jan 24, 2004, 07:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbatde

About another of my husbands issues.  He has 3 "other kids" besides the daughter we are now fighting for and the 3 kids that we both naturally share.  Yes, my husband had too many, but we have always done our best for all the kids, etc.  

all of the following happened in Mass.
One child is now 20.  My husband never knew about him, the chick married someone else and moved out of state.  yrs later she divorced and went after support.  the child was 15 at the time.  they slammed him for $250.00 week for 15 years retroactively (yes, you are reading right) They based it on "What he COULD make" because he was on seasonal lay off as a landscaper.  Thats alotta money!  He paid supp't to another ex for 2 other kids at the time plus we had already had 2 kids.  Thats when i refused to let him take the CRAP from the state.  We took the Mass DOR/CSE to court, sued them, and won.  They took away all the arrears and only charged him a reasonable amount of money a wk, and NOT retor active.  A yr later, the mom asked him to term rights and let the step dad adopt.  My husband did so, willingly, and not because of money, but because the kid was 16 and had never met hime, etc.  the mom "promised to let us meet him when he turned 18, but that never happened, he's now almost 20.
His other 2 kids, who have always been in our lives.  He has always had a reasonable CS amt to pay. He has always had an order to provide medical ins, and has always done so.  The mom always gave us the run around about visits, because there was never any order.  Last yr, may, we took her to court and got custody of the 16 yr old boy without a problem.  The judge would NOT order her to pay support.  The judge tried to order my husb to pay support fot the 19 yr old, but the ex got the court to not do so.  The court would NOT terminate the order for health ins coverage.  they girl was 18 at the time.

Now, this is my ?.  The girl is 19.  Works full time.  Pays her mom 100/week in rent.  Can get health insurance thru her own employer.  For $12.00 per week.  Now that she is 19, our health ins will not cover her becasue she is NOT a student anywhere (full or part time)  To cover her with any company, even the COBRA thru my husb employer, would be MINUMUM 500/month all the way up to $900/month.  Now, this "mom" has never taken the kids to a doctor.  Our Health ins gave us proof that in the last 9 yrs of those kids being on the ins, each has actually used the ins UNDER 20 times.  Thats not normal.  But now that the girl is 19, she needs to see the doctor every week.  She is not sick.  Tell me how all this makes sense?  To top it off, the son that my husband has "custody" of is living with his mom again, because she forced him to.  So, she's in contempt...I dont see her taking my husband to court about the ins in the near future,
I know we need to go back to court but right now we have to concentrate on the youngest of his kids and get her back.  

I just wondered if anyone had thoughts on this, you are all so helpful!

All of the stuff we did here in Ma we did without an atty, even going after the DOR.  I justhope this other case turns out half as good.