Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BM is going to try to take them out of state, she says.

Started by tulip, Feb 19, 2004, 07:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tulip

Some of you know my story. DH got joint custody of two kids in Dec. Before that, bm had custody, but they spent most of their time with us. She has threatened to move them thousands of miles away several times. Her parents live in AK, and she wants to move there, so they can support her.

We were pretty sure all this moving nonsense had ended with the custody change. They have a court date in April where she will have to explain to the judge why she fraudulently filed an offer dh made her in Sept in order to take the kids from us on Christmas, and illegally bring them to AK. Not only had the judge told her not to take the kids to AK til after Christmas, but the order she filed required her to return the kids to his custody the day after Christmas, which she obviously didn't do. So we are waiting for court date on these issues.

In the meantime, dh lost his job a couple weeks ago due to a company restructuring. Last night, in a fit of anger (these come frequently with her) she told him that he is going to look like a total loser when they go to court because he lost his job, and she is going to petition to move them to AK! Where do we stand here? She can't really expect to take custody from him just because he lost his job, can she? If that were the case, he should have gotten FULL custody a long time ago, because she has lost several jobs since their divorce. I think the fact that he is home with the kids now is GREAT for them. I know that he is going to get another job, because he has to support his family, but the kids are really going to miss all this extra time with him when he does.

MYSONSDAD

She's blowing smoke about his being a loser. Everyone switches jobs from time to time. If she hasn't worked, it puts her in the same boat. By the time April gets here, he will probably have a job. In the mean time, enjoy the extra time he has. It's the one thing, we don't have enough of!  Let her look stupid.

Any chance of getting a TO against her to prevent the move?

"Children learn what they live"