Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 12:51:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BM want to change custody back.

Started by tulip, Mar 05, 2004, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tulip

The closer the court date gets, the more insane she gets. She is calling and harassing dh almost every day. She is always screaming and swearing at him about this and that, totally losing control. She has gotten one of those "free" lawyers apparently, and is planning to try and get sole custody back.

We have had the kids more in the 2 months since the custody order was changed, and for many months before that. DH said he is going to file a RO on Monday, because today she was threatening to physically harm him. I know she's full of BS with her threats, but she is planning to be house-sitting for my next door neighbor all next week, so it would be nice if someone told her she can't come near our home.

I don't know how the kids can deal with this crap, because I am literally pulling my hair out right now.

wendl

I am so sorry to hear this, just sucks.
Keep documenting everything, maybe be caller ID and dont answer when she calls or see if you can tape converstaions in your state. And yes file  RO.

Kitty C.

I don't know what size an area you live in, but you might want to notify the local LEA and ask that they keep an eye on your home day and night for that week she will be nearby.  Record those conversations if you can, too.

And whatever you do, do NOT hesitate to call 911 if you hear or see anything suspicious during that time as well.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

tulip

This woman is a drug addict and she just proved that her habit is interfering with her ability to take care of her kids. She called Sunday am to see if dh would keep them Sunday night. He said ok, then drove by her house to confirm what he suspected, she was not working all night, but the guy she has been sleeping with, (who she doesn't want the kids to ever meet) was at her house. She showed up next door with him Sunday night at 12:30. He left sometime before we got up in the am.

Monday afternoon, she was supposed to pick up sd at bus stop by her house after school. Never showed up. SD was locked out, but luckily was able to get a key from neighbor and went to bm's house alone to start working on her homework. This child is 11, and is afraid to be left home alone at any time of day. BM was supposed to get ss and neigbor kids from bus stop here and never showed up. dh and I were on our way out for the evening (our anniversary) and we saw the kids walking down the street. So we stopped to make sure they could get into the house, and they were locked out!

We cancelled our plans, of course, and called the police. They came out and pounded on every door and window of that house. She was out cold! She finally woke up at about 6:00 and called dh and asked him, "Do you have the kids?" This is just unbelievable, especially for a person who has been saying almost every day that she is taking the kids away from us! Those kids were left out on the street alone in the cold, locked out of the house. She is now saying so what, "I made a mistake, no big deal."

Kitty C.

What did the cops do??  If nothing else, that report they file will be invaluable!  God, I hope they at least had her spend a night in the pokey!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

tulip

They did nothing. They told him that if he could prove she was in the house, they would break in, to see if she was alive. But then she woke up and called him. The police told him that since the custody order said that they were supposed to with her this week, he would have to use his judgement on sending them over there or not. He said if he talked to her and she was obviously still stoned, then he would be perfectly justified in refusing to do so, but he would have to answer for it later.
He did let the kids go over there, against my judgement, because they wanted to see her. I think they are in denial big-time. They were scared as hell, and can see there is something way wrong, but don't really want to see it.
After he brought the kids over there, ss came walking back here to get clothes. He talked to her on the phone at least 4 times Sun night and every time he asked her what she was doing and she said packing our stuff for this week. Then she doesn't bring them anything. SD had packed herself a bag of clothes when she was at her house in the afternoon.
Dh is trying to make a report with social services, but has been playing phone tag. I don't think they will do anything anyway, but a want to have a report on file in case something like this happens again.