Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 09:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SD changed her mind ... again!

Started by purrrfectgirl, Jun 30, 2004, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purrrfectgirl

Dh got this message from SD last night over email:

"Hi!

Hey dad? Could we try me getting to live with you fully all the time  like this summer or soon? Mom just isnt into us enough. At your house we're all like a family."

Now a little background (and I'll try to make it short!).  March of 2003, I got a call from DH's ex neighbor telling us hideous thing about the way ex treats kids (ex made comment to neighbor about OSS "he looks just like his father.  If I had a gun I'd shoot him.  Maybe that's why I don't carry a gun!").  Neighbor refuses to testify in court for fear of ex hurting her.  By last Christmas SD was begging to come live with us.  However, in March ex promised SD horseback riding lessons.  And SD is in love with horses.  We also promised lessons, but not as many as her mom did.  Mom's promise swayed the girl and in April she said she wanted to stay with Mom.  Well needless to say, mom never produced.  And yesterday SD wrote DH this message.  We have not talked to her about it yet since there is no phone/IM contact due to a false DV allegation 2 years ago.  So this does all lead to a question!

If we file for custody and use the regular slow family court channels Mom will mental abuse SD until she relents and agrees to stay with mom.  SD wants to come ASAP, but if we can't get custody change and CS dropped we really can't afford it.  So have any of you ever been thru or know someone who has succeeded in getting emergency temporary custody?  If so, what are good reasons for ETC?  and how long does it take to get from the date of filing?

Thanks for any advice!