Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 02:51:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What does it mean?

Started by dipper, Nov 12, 2004, 08:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

My hubby shares joint legal custody in virginia.  On their custody order the judge has checked,

"Neither parent shall expose the child to any immoral or illegal situations or influences."

What exactly does this statement mean?  Drugs - Alcohol - Anything against one parent's Christian values?  What?

Bolivar

It's a "boiler plate" - "canned" statement.

It's like window decoration on a story front.  There to attract attention, but not what the store is about.

There are two PARTS to custody:
1. Legal
2. Physical

You said your eX has "joint legal custody" so what is his PHYSICAL status?

dipper

The mother is physical custodian.  My husband did actually have his son 50% of the time and up until she moved this past summer.  Now, he only sees him about six days a month....

Does the 'immoral' statement really fall to the judge as to what 'immoral' is?

Bolivar

The Judge is the moral compass whether that statement is present or not.

To understand your problem you will have to post more of your situation.

Your fist learning exercise must be to understand what the courts feel is important.

For instance, I hear parents screaming how the other parent had an affair and they are going to "bring the hammer down" in court.  The courts don't care if a parent is "doing it" with every farm animal in town.  Affairs mean NOTHING in court.

So unless sex negativity affects the children, the courts ignore affairs. And the courts always "turn there heads" and ignore affair as any type of evidence.

Please feel free to share with us what concerns you are having.  As of now it is impossible to understand what your REAL question is.