Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 11:12:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Joint legal/physical can it be added?

Started by ksmomof2girls, Dec 07, 2004, 10:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksmomof2girls

Right now we have joint legal w/ F being the primary residence.

We go to court on the 13th about parenting time and parenting plan.  I am wanting where I'm the summer parent and he's the school year parent.

Can I get it changed to say Joint legal/Physical custody?

If we have it like that, then will I still have to pay Cs?

I'm in Kansas.

Thanks

Lawmoe

If custody has already been determined, it is unlikely that there is a basis to modify it now unless there has been a substantial change in circumstance since the last order.

Even if you share physical custody, it does not autmoatically mean no child support is paid.  It is still based on child support guidelines which usually offsets each party's respective obligation based on income and time with eth child.  In other words, if you have the child less than 50% and have a greater income, you are still ikely to have a child support obligation albeit a lower one.

futurestep-mom_AZ

For that matter my fiance had his child 50% of the time and they both made the same amount but since she had a child from a previous relationship my fiance had to pay $3 a month it was then upped to $23 but its more principle then the amount anyway. Now that my fiance has primary residential with mom only getting EOW supervised (which really she is getting about 2 days a month) the judge will not sign the request to stop wage assignment (the existence of a wage assignment is a major red flag on credit) nor will he even address mom paying support. My fiance does not owe a dime back support.

Bolivar

My brother has 50/50 physical and legal custody of his 3 children.

He pays the eX $1,200 a month.  Plus he buys all the cloths, school supplies and all extra activities the children do.

Actually he has the children more than 50% of the time.  

The system is broken and must be fixed.  As Bob Geldof from F4J says "Weapons of mass destruction, that's our family court system".