Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:58:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unemployed and need to reduce or suspend payments

Started by bulls922006, Nov 10, 2008, 02:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulls922006

Greetings,

Thank You For Your Time.

I am unemployed and I owe back child support.
I am a contractor (data/report analyst) and I have not had any steady consistent work/contracts.
This year I have only worked about 17 weeks this year earning less that $16K (before taxes).
They sent me a letter saying that they are going to suspend my license Nov. 30th.

Where can I get free help?
Or
How do I handle this situation?
Who can tell me what paperwork I need and who can review it for me?

Thank You,

ocean

I am not in your state (if you want more answers...post this under child support boards).
In my state, you would need to file a reduction due to job change. You should of done this as soon as you lost your job. They will look at the date you filed and can make it up to you. Pay a little something each month, no matter the amount. Most times if you make small payments they will leave your license alone. When you get to court you can make a payment plan for the money you already owe...(add $25 month until it is paid off...).

bulls922006

Where are the Child Support Boards that I need to post my topic.

What are the names of the Child Support Boards that I need to post my topic?

Thank You For Your Time.

Quote from: ocean on Nov 11, 2008, 04:34:03 PM
I am not in your state (if you want more answers...post this under child support boards).
In my state, you would need to file a reduction due to job change. You should of done this as soon as you lost your job. They will look at the date you filed and can make it up to you. Pay a little something each month, no matter the amount. Most times if you make small payments they will leave your license alone. When you get to court you can make a payment plan for the money you already owe...(add $25 month until it is paid off...).