Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:06:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother moving and wants to take son

Started by chardog, Sep 02, 2008, 11:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

Quote from: poppies06 on Nov 17, 2008, 05:25:40 PM
I don't feel stopping her is right. What happens if you loose your job and have nothing. You can't afford CA any longer. You want to move. Work with her to make the best for your child. Taking a child from their mother is the worst thing you can do and at 3 yrs old can cause huge emotional issues forever. I am so sick of people like ocean who don't care about anything then the fathers rights and how they were wrong. The good fathers out there aren't fighting the mothers to get what's right solved they are working together and achieving what's best for the child.

I am trying to move 2 hrs away from my ex with the schedule staying just short of a 50/50 visitation schedule and he is fighting it and not cause of what's in the best interest of my son but because he is very sick and his new wife is even sicker and wants to hurt me.

Your situation and this man's are completely different.  His ex wants to move the child completely across the country to start a business - which would essentially mean that one parent will end up with visitation once or twice a year.  That would be hard for the child - regardless of which gender the custodial parent ends up being.

Maybe your ex isn't able to drive 4 hours to make visitation exchanges - which, I have to say, I can totally understand.  How are you even going to maintain a 50/50 schedule being 2 hours away - when you take into consideration school, extra-curricular, etc.  While a move 2 hours away may seem small to you, it could be extremely disruptive to the other side of the equation, and make a 50/50 arrangement impossible.