Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:23:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody battle

Started by whitedsr, Apr 30, 2005, 07:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitedsr

My ex and I recently seperated a little over 3 weeks ago and I have not seen our 2 year old since. I have e-mail contact with my ex but my every request to see him is denied. I have a lawyer and we have filed  temp orders for custody.  We had a date set for April 21 and ex avoided getting served so she did not show. Since then my lawyer has served anyone at the residence over 16. Our court date is set for May 11 and the mother says she will not allow me to see our child until a judge makes her. She has left many times before and she always takes our child and hers. I have always been the provider and up until she was cheating with someone at her job she worked, but now goes to school. Until this past year she was never around for her children. When she has to go back to work, since I am not supporting her, she will not see the kids too often (she works retail). During her daughter live she has been with numerous men even during our relationship. The point is that she spends more time with other than her children. Her daughter only started living with her once I came into the picture. She has now lived with us for about 2 years. Befor she lived with her great grandmother, who also raised my ex because her mom dropped her off.  My ex has started e-mailing me saying that she endured 6 years of physical abuse and abusive emotional behavior to the kids...yelling, screaming. Her daughter and I had a very close relationship and since she has left she hangs up on me when I have tried to call....I am positive her mom has influenced her behavior. No one in her family could ever say that they saw any abuse or yelling and screaming, they are all lies that she is telling everyone. My ex had an addiction with cocaine, not sure about now. What would help me in gaining custody of our son.

Sherry1

same situation, mom refused visits.  My son and lawyer got emergency orders and the judge ordered the visitation to start that day.  They were referred to court clinic, which ordered every Saturday and Every other weekend for my son, so basically he has him every Saturday and every other Sunday.  Ex played some games for a while, but eventually gave up and now things are pretty smooth. She still plays some games over holidays, but as my grandson gets older it is harder for her to interfere.