Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 02:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

protective order

Started by shooter, Nov 16, 2008, 04:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shooter

x gf put PO on me after I filed for visitation schedule. child 22 mo. have been in childs life 3-4x wk since birth. now haven't seen for 2 wks. Its a hesaid/she said situation. no police report. she lied. anyway, now apparently wants to make some kind of deal tomorrow, day before court to answer to PO. what do you think of a women who would possibly use a PO to get her way? Is this legal? She is either fearful or she is not. of cource she put child on PO too.

tigger

The only thing she's scared of is not getting full custody.  And I don't think much of a woman who would lie and pull a stunt like this.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Giggles

If she put a PO out on you...STAY AWAY from her until court!!   Don't talk to her, Don't call her...NOTHING!!  She could be setting you up to violate the PO, then it becomes a major tool in the custody hearing.

Do you have any physical evidence to prove that she lied to get the PO?  How did she contact you to "discuss" the deal?  E-mail?  Text Message?  Voice Mail?  If it's any of those...KEEP them and take them to court with you.

Address the court and the Judge as "Your Honor".  DO NOT even look at her, do not approach her and keep any disparaging remarks about her to yourself.  DO NOT lose your cool or get angry.  State to the court that you only with to have a relationship with your child and that you are will to co-parent to the best of your ability for the best interest of your child!!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

*iLUVmySD*

The BM of my SD put a PO on him two years ago.  She lives in Nevada and we live in Arizona.  She used the PO to give her an excuse to not return my SD as ordered.  My husband had to fly to Nevada to fight the PO, and luckily the court determined that it was not their jurisdiction to modify custody because there was an existing custody order in Arizona.  BM lied through her teeth to get the order and the judge in Nevada was not hearing any of my husband's side of the story.  The only way we got my SD back was because of jurisdiction.  Good luck to you, hopefully the courts there will be more open to your side because of the timing of when the PO was filed.