Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:57:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NCP ordered to NOT pay CS!

Started by *iLUVmySD*, Dec 22, 2008, 10:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*iLUVmySD*

Hello, I know that our situation may be on the other side of the coin for many of you, but do know that my husband paid CS for 5 years before gaing primary custody.

So my husband gained primary custody of my SD back in 2006 in Arizona.  SD's BM lived in Nevada.  The original CS order was filed in Nevada so Nevada continued to have jurisdiction since BM continued to live there until this month when she moved to Colorado.

Anyways, the history is that when my husband gained custody of my SD we immediately contacted the child support enforcement agency and let them know the change in custody.  His obligation for support stopped.  Then we filed for child support in Nevada through the Arizona CSE office.  The way the case was handled by both CSE offices was horrible. Arizona did not communicate with Nevada and two days before the support hearing, we learned that they didn't have any of the forms or information or court orders provided to Arizona.

So the day of the hearing BM (NCP) is ordered that she does NOT have to pay child support for her daughter that lives in Arizona with us for 2/3rd's of the year.  BM even makes more money than my husband.  The Nevada court gave her credit for having to pay for half of the airfare and travel costs for visitation, even though my husband pays the other half so really it should cancel each other out.  At the time BM had 2 other children, 17 year old son (who didn't live with her) and a 10 year old daughter with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (which we know is a serious illness).  The court deviated from the standard formula because of her daughter with a disability which is fine, but BM does have to send a dime? Nothing to support her daughter?

Now we are going to file for CS in Arizona since BM has moved from the state of Nevada and jurisdiction can be moved here.  Her son has since turned 18 and she is no longer obligated to support him.  He is currently not attending college.  Since she still has her 11 year old daughter with RA, we want to know if anyone has had much experience with deviation from the child support formula in Arizona or anywhere.  I know in Nevada, they determined that BM owed nothing from case law and not from the statutes in Nevada. Thanks.

jumbo

you need to look up the guidelines for  nevada and see if they deviate from the guidelines and if so, what for.

mmaines

Tried to reply 3 times but this site is really difficult to maneuver.
anyways lookup this on wikipedia since i can't copy and paste from there:

try looking up the ("UIFSA")

then go to : double u double u double u dot acf dot hhs dot gov
the office of child support enforcement FEDERAL page -
*all* child support is considered a FEDERAL debt - the states just "administer" it to get federal incentive $$$.