Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 09:54:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Modify Visits or Go for Joint Custody

Started by texasgal, Jun 27, 2005, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texasgal

Hello all,

My boyfriend has a beautiful 2 year old daughter!  Unfortunately he hasn't seen her in 3 months, and has only seen her 9 times since Jan.  Jan. he went to court for child support (Attorney General) the first intial visits they set up as 14 supervised visits before moving on to the standard visits.  The first 14 visits were not structured and at the time my boyfriend did not think there would be any problems.  Well there was and is... she has been avoiding and not returning his calls.  We had decided to go back to court and modify the visits.  I typed up a Motion to Modify Visits, filed them and had her served.  She came back with an answer "denial" so we knew we were going to court.  Went up to the court house only to find out I did not request a court date in the original motion.  So it needs to be amended, I have no idea how to do that.  My boyfriend loves his daughter and it is killing him more and more each day he doesn't see her.  She is doing nothing but using that baby against him, she wants him back.  She now lives with her parents, she never has money, she doesn't even have a car.  With him he supported her.  Well we've found an attorney we believe we can afford, so now he's wondering if he should just try for physical joint custody.  Does anyone know if this is possible? Or how hard it is?  I guess I'm wondering what are his chances?  And how does it affect child support if we were to win?

Thank You

flewwellin

IT IS WORTH IT!!!  You should definitely go for physical joint cause the baby needs her dad!  My husband has joint physical and legal custody of his two kids 4 & 6 The youngest was barely 2 when this was ordered.  Once it becomes a court order she can't deny him parenting time.  If she tries file against her for contempt.  Good luck. sorry I can't help with the child support part dif states are different

wendl

Ask for everything, and work your way down to a settlement.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**