Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:27:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Equal Parenting Group - Illinois Fathers

Started by mitcheli, Mar 05, 2009, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitcheli

First, let me tip my hat to the folks who put together this WONDERFUL site. It was my stepping stone into fighting for my rights with my children, and my ex has certainly put them to the test. SPARC helped from Day 1 after my divorce was "finalized" by helping me contact my children's school and arming me with the legal information I needed to not take "No" for an answer. Thanks to that information, I now have a great working relationship with my children's school.

Thank you.

Well, now it's time to give back to the community. Myself and a few other's in our State have created a not for profit corporation in Illinois called "Illinois Fathers" and we focus specifically on issues unique to Illinois. We are the Illinois Affiliate for ACFC and have a goal of setting up local area support meetings in each of the judicial circuits within our State where non-custodial, non-primary parents can come and meet and discuss their successes and failures in parenting.  We also build a collection of legal information, case history, and other similar information that others can use in their work Pro-Se, and we also look to provide a number of services to the local communities on a voluntary basis. On the political front, we look to incorporate lobbyists and approach Springfield to create a presumption of shared parenting. We hope to do this through active community involvement, reaching out to similar organizaitons, and by building a voting constituancy that Springfield can't ignore.

Please consider coming by and seeing us. If you are a leader of another organization in Illinois, consider a meeting with our board members and see how we can be of assistance. If you are a person who is going through the difficulties of being a non-custodial parent, stop by our website and see how we can help!

Sincerely,

Ian Mitchell
Co-Founder
Illinois Fathers